1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some people are too stupid to survive

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Mar 28, 2012.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This Vermont teacher was murdered Sunday.

They caught the killers because the teacher was suspicious when they called her out of the blue to help them with car trouble. She only knew the guy because he had plowed her driveway a few times. She stopped having him do her plowing because he was coming on to her and she thought he was strange and creepy. That was a couple years ago.
    When they called her Sunday, she was suspicious, so what does she do?
    She calls a friend to tell her the names of these two people, and that she has a bad feeling about their intentions, so she wants the friend to know who they are and where they are in case something happens to her. She then puts her toddler son in the car, AND GOES TO MEET THEM!
    I just can't wrap my head around that level of stupidity. Why would you go meet near-strangers in a secluded area at night with your child if you were suspicious of their intentions? What was she going to do for them anyway? She's a teacher, not a mechanic.

2. Donkey1

Donkey1 Well-Known Member

Natural selection at work. If I'm killed this is who killed me, so stupid.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hope you have the balls to call her stupid to her family. Better yet, tell her kid in 10 or 12 years that her mom was stupid.

Some people believe in helping.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Then pay for them to get a tow truck

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

If he's not stupid, he'll figure that out himself.

6. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Maybe *she* wasn't stupid but the decision to meet up with those people proved to be a pretty dumb one considering what we know to be certain facts about the events leading up to her death.

Compassion or not, she had the awareness enough to know her safety was going to be compromised and yet she jumped into the fire anyway. I would not classify that as a "smart" decision.

7. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

why is it you always see this from the family??

of course YOU dont think they would do something like that LoL

My brother would never do anything like this," said Sharon Tinder, Allen Prue's sister. "My sister-in-law wouldn't, either."

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How would you like it phrased? I could get pretty creative. It was fuckin stupid. Look over at your lovely wife. Now ask yourself if she would do something like that.

9. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Yet another example of an educated idiot.

Feel sorry for her family & friends. RIP

10. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

Damn, she was stupid.Putting her kid in danger was really stupid.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I let my wife read the story earlier...would you like me to get her to sign up and type her response? I can paraphrase..."what a freaking idiot."

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Whether or not she was a moron or not, she's dead after doing something pretty stupid. She was a poor decision maker. Help others when you can, but if you help random strangers at the expense of your life, that's not what I call smart.

13. wrparrish

wrparrish Well-Known Member

I will go talk to some people about this, maybe they will let me end my deployment early since its not smart to be here.
    :beer:

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

With those genes the kid might not make it. Mom was borderline dufus.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm pretty sure she jumped the border. :stupid:

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The woman may not actually be stupid however, being completely naive, gullible, and soft hearted is not a good combination of traits to possess all at the same time. I'm sorry for the loss to her family.:(

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Anybody know what the reported issue was that lured her out there? People can be pretty convincing. But yeah, dumb move all in all.

I hope they fry the basterds.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

She can be good hearted and yet stupid. The sad part is she can no longer help anyone while the evil ones are still around. If you think something is up there is a LOT of ways you can make sure they get help including sending the cops out to them. If you have to load your 2 year old up to help someone, they either need to be a REAL good friend or kin.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I could hear the boom on that one all the way on the other side of the state.:beer:

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I think that this is a good time to mention that it would be prudent for most women to train and learn to carry an equalizer.

I'd be willing to bet that the woman thug was the one that lured her in. Bad part is that our government will let these thugs out some day instead of putting a bullet in their heads.