NC Track

Discussion in 'General' started by Trev230EX, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even worse - I made Dwight stay in Orlando.... :D

2. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Actually, let me give you a short edit:

People with money invested, feel the track is safe, Mongo does not.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cecil owns a part of TPM?

4. Muddy

Muddy Well-Known Member

TPM owns a jet?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For a jet I might run at that track... :crackup:

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

wow...I feel better now, its a lot easier to blame just one person.:D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's also my fault because of how I handled Vegas that someone won the 200 :crackup:

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Point of order here: who ran the motorcycle road races at Watkins Glen back in the late 1970s or early 1980s?

9. BrianR6

BrianR6 Well-Known Member

Did anyone see the Daytona 200... particularly the rider who had to crash, so that he didnt run straight into a rider on another section of track?

Point being... some tracks are safe... some tracks are not as safe as other. Some race on not so safe tracks (wera included).. some do trackdays on not so safe tracks.

Would i feel comfortable pushing my limits at NCCAR? Only in certain sections.
    Would i have alot of fun circulating NCCAR? Absolutely

10. Muddy

Muddy Well-Known Member

11. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

12. Cecil

Cecil Member

13. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

i did a keith code day there in 95, . . . back when i was young and stupid (or stupit-er)

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

15. BrianR6

BrianR6 Well-Known Member

oh those dwindling grids.

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I gotta say, I'm getting a chuckle out of the TPM fembots coming on here and pretending like they're all that...

Here's a question for ya: is Dat Phan still running background checks of TPM members based on forum banter?

Better yet, do you really think any truly talented up-and-coming racer with half a brain would waste their resources doing some trackday club's part-time series to gain enough experience to run competitively at the AMA level?

Holy sh!t. I've ridden with TPM - I couldn't even imagine having to duck and dodge between some of the talentless hacks bumped by their coaching buddies into the blue group for some lunchtime race.

17. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

18. Cecil

Cecil Member

Two words my friend. "Win one" ;-)

19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Na, I'm a WERA guy through and through - I like racing with racers. And you know I'm not directing that @ you.

You should come down to Summit for a WERA weekend - BBS nonsense aside, there really are some decent cats there and it's always a good time :up:

20. Cecil

Cecil Member

Dude, always in good fun where you and the Diner crew are concerned. Unless you're name is Jerome.

But seriously, it'd be a heck of a lot easier for you to race me in a TPM lunch deal than me going through the WERA machine. Show up, pay the race fee and pass tech. I think you'd be surprised at the level of rider you'd find yourself grid against. Not me of course ;-).

I mean really, this was a TPM grid one afternoon:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...567405233840_1496708662_1465074_7014002_n.jpg

P.S. I haven't seen Dafan in forever. TPM is a different place. Literally, no one is there from your days riding with them. It's a totally different infrastructure. In fact, Gallo's replacement crashed while following the Diner crew on Geigel Hill Road. He's been properly indoctrinated. A lady in a Minivan drove by and told him how pleased she was that he'd had a yard sale just beyond the corkscrew. In a sense, Billy is one of "us".