Would your faith be tested?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Mar 15, 2012.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

:D

2. charles

charles The Transporter

I'm also confused, so just to make sure in the meanwhile, I flog myself until my back is a raw bleeding mass of torn flesh, just like those Shia guys do! :up:

And FYI, there's nobody gonna stick any faggot RedWing shoes in my ass!

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Ezekiel 25:17

4. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

If I believed for a second that your question was intended for noble purposes, I would answer, I do not, so I will not.

You must ask that question of someone else, I assure you, if you ask it sincerely, he will answer.

My best to you in your search.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I hope your god isn't too fickle, he might not appreciate your namesake on this BBS. :D

6. charles

charles The Transporter

??? I only asked to get a straight answer. I don't see the 'noble' thing. I'm not searching. Sorry you took offense for some reason.

You raised the issue of people 'struggling' about the intentions, goodness or whatever, about God as per your belief system. I only asked you from what sources did you, or anyone, draw conclusions about the intentions, goodness, etc. of God (as such related to tragedies as mentioned- the bus accident). Asking is not 'noble'? In the course of that 'struggling' you mentioned, what do people draw upon to come to peace with the issue?

I thought you had read my post #82.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you ever wonder what the point is of even having a life down here if the endgame is the afterlife? Ever wonder why we're not born directly in that other, eternal world? I know it's probably a rhetorical question since it's been established that you don't question anything, but your statement made me curious.
    You have a good understanding of brother Charles. :D

8. charles

charles The Transporter

I'm just going to go ahead and ask the Pope over there in Rome! He'll answer my questions without all the hocus-pocus. I think he's got a website so maybe some email will get the job done. I bet His Holiness won't give me any grief either and will straight me out on all of the important stuff.

I don't know what's wrong with the faithful anymore, they're all clamming up and making excuses. If I got some straight answers here, I wouldn't have to go overseas to get the job done. Talk about outsourcing...anyway, if i can, i'll get some indulgence slips which I will let go for a reasonable price.

9. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

You do that, best of luck to you.

10. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

my nickname at my first job was the inquisitor because i question everything. you are mistaken to assume i dont.. i question ALL things. i just have enough answers on these topics that keep coming up that i no longer question God's existence, His wisdom, His love for me. as to your "wonder" question, yes, i have wondered that. and i have a sufficient answer for me.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Which is it? Do you question all things, or do you already have the answers? Seems to me that what I said wasn't an assumption after all…

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Proselytizing again Charles?

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Amusement.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

I'm now dazed and confused at this new 'logic' being thrown at me! I'm only asking how does this guy know about the nature and behavior of God, in light of the 'struggling' going on about the bus accident, which was obviously viewed as a 'bad' thing, i.e., how could a good and just God allow/cause this to happen, and so on. What about that inquiry is so outlandish?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you one of those "everyone should get a trophy just for participating" guys?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just pointing out the similarities between pots and kettles.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

I see...for sure the Devil is in the details.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You do tend to focus on details.:D

19. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

i do not question for question sake. i question to find an answer. if i have the answer, why still question?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Whose? Ours, or his?

When the playing field isn't level, sure, why not? :D