1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I think Shervin may have opened up his own shop

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 16, 2012.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Figures, it is a flat biller.

3. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

There is a article in the latest issue of RRW about Roaring Toyz. There is a picture of the owner road racing. He sells bling because thats what sells these days. Most motorcyclists are not road racers, instead people like stretched chromed out busas and what not. I am not advocating that you dremel your frame to clearance for your swing arm lol.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

That seems legit. I mean who wants the full strength of the frame around the swing arm pivot? It isn't like that extra long swing arm hand heavy wheel and tire combo will put extra stress on the frame in that area.

I love the backyard hack job comment. All said with a straight face.

5. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

plus one on all accounts.

"so it doesn't look like some backyard hack shop did it" (even though a backyard hack shop did it0

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yowza.

In all seriousness, what was the wax looking crap he smeared all over it? What was the purpose of that?

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Had to post on that vid. What a hack.

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I would guess it's some kind of bondo for metal. He put it on to cover up the hack job he did, the frame is fairly smooth from where he gouged the crap out of it with his handy dremel...look at how badly it's chewed up after the first dremel tool is done, and then that crap filled it in...

9. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

He's NOT a backyard hack.

He's a back ALLEY hack.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roaring Toyz is good people and they do good work. Not sure why they're in a Shervin thread.

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Did he take it off any sweet jumps yet?

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah I have to chime in here, Bob is a solid guy and corners pretty low. Do a little homework before one vid out of context become your only opinion of him. Seriously, Bob is a great guy and I'm happy for him and the success he's having

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Good guy or noy, thats some shit shevron would do. This guy should know better

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He does know better, I'd trust their setup for the intended use.

15. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

the inteded use looks for show and no go??.. i would never do that to a bike, but if the customer is happy. not much you can do about it on the internet.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Show and go in a straight line and that's about it. Not a whole lot of side flex going on with a swinging arm that long :D

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

C'mon, if anyone here took an angle grinder to their main frame and started cutting away material from it (and not a few lightening holes drilled into a subframe) they'd be burned in effigy for their retardedness.

Understanding he is a good guy who corners but that's besides the point.

18. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

:up:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Over the years I've seen good wrenches do all sorts of things that make the bike better - including removing metal from the frame. Shervin cutting huge holes is a little different than shaving thickness off of a part of the frame.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Extended swinger armed bikes are what's in around here right now. Good on those guys for cashing in on the craze early (article in RRW).

I may not like those bikes but who gives a shit what I think, I'm not putting cash in RTs pockets anyways.