1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I made a ramp out of a badger today

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Mar 16, 2012.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Friend of mine hit a deer like that on an original ninjer. Cracked the bodywork all over, and everywhere it cracked it had deer fur. Lines of deer fur crisscrossed the front of the bike. He didn't go down, either, but it did kill the deer.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Dividing water road. It's about 200 yards north of 11. Runs kinda parallel to it, then dumps out into it. The other end attaches to old 25 or 'Watershed rd.'.:)

3. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'd definitely go down if I hit a beaver.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Now THAT.....is frickin funny!:D

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Capibara ?

Rabbit ? Yeah, rabbit ! that's right !

(like in the old Bugs Bunny cartoon where the hunter dosen't remember what he is out there hunting lol)

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Chupacabra...

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Isn't a Chupacabra some kind of blood sucking goat demon?

Chupacabra would make an awesome name for a metal band.

8. sdgers

sdgers Well-Known Member

Nacho Libre

9. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No...that was a terribly unfunny fat retard.

11. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Checked the map and that may be one of the few I didn't hit on the motard when I was living up there. I'm pretty sure I covered everything west of there.

12. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

I hope you would go down on it before you hit it........:D

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You know what? I effed up. Dividing water comes out on OLD Highway 11. I think per the SC maps it's called Highway 912. THAT comes out on 11. My bad.

I'm seriously considering riding up there tomorrow and see if it's still in the road. If it is, and it isn't raining, I'll take a photo. Blech.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

It was probably one of Dr. McDead's experimental GM Hampsters...did it try to bite the tires???

15. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

LoL. only animals ive killed with a bike so far was a squirrel (they go under the tire no problem).

however... cleaning dead duck guts and feathers off the bike sucks! the SOB half exploded on the edge of the front faring and the rest of him exploded when it hit my boot hard enough to knock my boot off the peg.

16. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I hit three full sized raccoon one day, clipping along at about 70mph over the crest of a gently rolling landscape. It scared the crap out of me. I had almost the same thought process as you describe, only since it was on a blind hill and I was straight up and down it went more like this. "Oh SHHHhh... Thumbump... iiitt! Whew!"

I then slowed down to see the only surviving raccoon standing there sniffing the casualties looking like "What the hell was that?"

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Uh Oh, What you encountered was the dreaded mountain killer squirrel. With it's fur standing up it looks like what you described. If the little bastard had had the time to latch onto your front wheel he would have caused an endo after which he would have climbed up your ass and eaten his way out. Thank God you were on a fast bike and can ride better than Rossi. :beer:

18. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Possums are usually a greyish white and have a rat like tail from what i've seen and a really pointy snout, not too hard to confuse them with many other animals.

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I've killed a squirrel before. And had a similar experience to yours with a Turtle. Just prayed for the best and luckily made it. Almost T boned a deer also. I almost shit my pants that time.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Wasn't an O'possum. I've shot them sons a bitches. You are correct. It was about the same size as a full grown possum, only....squatter....and flatter.

Y'all seen them 'Isle of Man TT' videos where the riders get airborn with their front ends shimmy-ing like hell? THAT is what happened.

Not like I could ACTUALLY ride like that on purpose though.:mad: