1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes its fun

Discussion in 'General' started by trashman_nate, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Sometimes it's fun to start in the back.

When qualifying goes bad and you have to start in 26th place. :down:

Youtube video...

http://youtu.be/h4Rk485AF0s

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Nice riding out there. That pass for 1st was sweet..:up:

3. I wish :(
    last pass for 7_th I can't make up that much ground on that little bike :)

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That was fun to watch! especially since I'm stuck at work!

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Oh, sorry, I skipped ahead, the first 6 guys musta been WAY out in front..still a great effort on your part.

6. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Nice job!

7. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Nice video and good job!

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

That last pass was ballsy. Good job.

9. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

great video!!

10. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Nice video, looked like a ton of fun!

I started 5th row at Loudon last year in LWSS, took second =) Lotsa fun getting all those passes in!

11. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Same here (last position, but not 26th).

(not to steal Nate's thunder, here's my experience. It gets boring after lap 3, running just ahead of 6th place and finished in 5th: http://youtu.be/OgzLhVMcl74)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  12. Thanks for the cheers.

Looking on the net there seems to be a few of these back to front videos around. The qualifying system got totally FUBAR'd and things went sucky. I figured this is how we would have been gridded with WERA as well (by registration).

My first solo 20 race was the opposite. I registered way early, online, and started pole with 30 people behind me. fear! I was first into turn one with a great start then worked my way backwards from there.

Good news is that I ran the same laptimes as kz2zx :Poke:. Your dash/gps/timing system overlayed in the video is totally rad.

13. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Grin. I was 1:56.0 in earlier races before I killed my tires.

The overlay is Dashware, the datalogger is Trackmaster (on my Droid) with an external BT receiver on the tail.

Dashware is a little klunky, need to see if I can upgrade to a later version.

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That was entertaining to watch, Nate - good race man :up:

15. I was running the tackmaster with the BT receiver but I can't get the program to recognize the gps after the last upgrade :(

I will try again now that I've seen it in action again.

Then I need to record the play by play so I can overlay it like Russ did at WSMC.

totally stoked about the race. I had issues starting in the back knowing I qualified with better times but, it turned out just fine. I learned soo much.

16. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Nice racing! were you the gentleman who came into the classroom and gave amy a piece of your mind regarding the downtime? Saying, lets just race?

Either way, the system had some hiccups but my races were all blast. I'll have to get one of my video uploaded.

17. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

nice racing, well done, and thanks for sharing.

cheers.joe.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Nicely done. You had to work for that one!

19. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I deleted my BT from the phone (NOT the BT app, but the device...) and rediscovered it. That did the trick.

20. Yeah. I'm the "lets just race" guy. I'm glad I talked to her. She pointed me in the right direction. Race 1 happened just a few minutes after I talked to cowboy and I ended up in timing and scoring working with them to square up Race 2's grid.

It all worked out. I had 2 races gridded from the back and 1 where I was trying to run down coyner and zabs. Man! those dudes are FASSST!