Wera technical verification form

Discussion in 'General' started by Newb2, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Holy shit that takes me back, I loved that album.

I have nothing else to contribute here, carry on....

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Brother Ken:

While I appreciate your encouraging words, I remain uncharacteristically puzzled about the motive behind Newb2's posts herein. And I want to help Newb2, if- and only if- as you write above, his (?) objective is to race with WERA, and not merely examine the discrepancies of various forms and publications. Accordingly, I offer my online therapy program to Newb2, and can only hope he can trust sufficiently to address the root cause of his angst in private consultation; clearly, there is a sort of undefined rage lurking inside the calm, Cartesian logic displayed in the 'war of wits' with Mongo. Possibly, someone in Newb2's past has deterred him from fulfilling his moto-ambitions, this creating conflict between the id and ego.To reach the proper denouement, it is imperative that Newb2 begin his therapy work immediately.

And for the benefit of those who conjure images of a demonic Mongo, permit me to inform you that, recently, Mongo confessed to the desire to own and operate a VESPA scooter, so that the finer things in life, pursuant to the VESPA lifestyle, could be finally within his gentlemanly grasp. Surely this is not the machination of a power-hungry corporate henchman, but the mark of an advanced humanist, tempered by the harsh realities of managing the global enterprise known as WERA.

Newb2, I remind you: let not slip the dogs of war!

3. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Brother charles, where hast thou been? How the hell art you? Please forgive mine absence of late, as the Madness of Daytona and Roebling has overcome my person.

Of course peace to you and wishing you much success on your latest, (albeit secretive) project(s).

4. charles

charles The Transporter

Finally you have stepped forth from the 'shadow war' at Roebling. (Those who know, don't say; those who say, don't know). Would you be able to post up some advice on proper selection of screwdrivers, and possibly some vid clips on screwdriver combat training methods and techniques?

Aso, now that you have mentioned the possiblity of legal actions, can I collect for mental anguish, suffering, and intense physical pain for racing 2-Strokes? WERA knew what would happen to me and did nothing to stop it. I want to be compensated in a big juicy cash moneys settlement out of court.

5. charles

charles The Transporter

I will send you a progress report in a day or so...there has been progress finally...

But for now, we must focus our thoughts on Newb2...we must not shrink from the task, indeed, we must welcome it...if only the Durrani Wheel Thread had continued, harmony would prevail over the land.;)

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How come the tech form doesn't tell me anything on this?

I safety wired the wheels (clearly not shown in the photo) and "snag proofed" the handle (leave it to your imagination) but do I have to safety wire the lid to the main body? If so, can I use a lanyard to allow removal of the lid by the trash dude?

and I'd like to point out that WERA trash cans are faster than CCS trash cans!

Attached Files:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

God clauses trump that so good luck in court.

Weird that I didn't catch that, thanks for letting me know, it's fixed.

8. Prof._HH

Prof._HH Well-Known Member

How is the form fubarred? Is it because WERA has the inspectors look at more than just what's safety wired?

At tally a couple weeks ago, the tech guys had me shake the bike back and forth to see the oil in the sight glass (I keep it a little low). Didn't have anything to do with safety wire. I've read the rule book but didn't see if there's a rule about having oil in the bike. I'm assuming there isn't one. Anyway, they were concerned that I'd seize the motor. Good on them for being concerned about my safety and the bike's well being beyond what I'm required to wire up.

Mongo - I know there's a rule about no antifreeze but if there isn't one that says we have to have oil, brake fluid etc., those should be added.

9. gogreggo

gogreggo Well-Known Member

No worries - I didn't race any SOLO's anyway!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

11. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

You collected all your winnings then?

12. gogreggo

gogreggo Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're asking me something Steve. :D

My only collection was at the 2010 DSS GNF.

My big collection this season would be beating you to the finish line Steve. My most memorable races have been chasing you. Stay strong :beer:

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You're not runnin' the Red Solo Cup?

14. pancake

pancake Member

'sup, Dave.

15. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

No, just trying (unsuccessfully evidently) to be funny.

We have spent some time racing each other. Hurt my feelings a little when I saw you might sell your Duc. I was hoping for a chance to redeem myself.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is a race series there somewhere.

17. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Oklahoma

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Google Red Solo Cup...

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!

20. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

You know why Oklahoma is so windy?

Texas sucks and Kansas blows.