Thoughts on Ballistik Apparel race suits?

Discussion in 'General' started by Agg2001, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between the entry level A* / Dianese and the high end stuff. I guarantee you that a company the size of either of the aforementioned have a better handle on where materials are coming from than some startup dealing with Pakistanis.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure my Crush suit was made in Pakistan. The only problem I had with the leather is after a season of racing in the heat my sweat dried out the leather pretty bad. Had I conditioned the suit a couple times during the season it may have faired better. I guess a question I would have is....... Does sweat dry out and deteriorate better quality suits?

3. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Another question I have is ....... How do you even find the factories in these countries. Are they available online. It seems pretty common.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you're looking for a production run of 1 or 2 suits, don't waste your time.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just check my emails :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Before you ruined the world economy and sank the Titanic, there was a thread or ten in the old classifieds. :D

7. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Suits should be cleaned once a year if you have up to 12 events a season. twice a year of you sweat profusely.

If you are riding a full time schedule of more than 18-20 events, we recommend having 2 suits at your disposal.

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

LOL, I get those same ones.

We should team up and develop a line of WERA branded leathers. We'll make a fortune! :crackup:

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

think the website is called alibaba.com :D

I was thinking of making a run of ballistik suits named HEROIC and a line of heroic suits named Ballistik. Both with Made in USA labels soid on my GOING OUT FOR BUSINESS website that has Sony guts. :D

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Will you be selling bike stands?

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

they will be painted American flag colors and be called Doberman or Bichon Frise. :D

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mutt kind of fits.

13. racertex

racertex vintage dude

this thread is funny!

has anyone set an over/under on pages it goes to yet?

14. Agg2001

Agg2001 Well-Known Member

i've watched it grow, and make it's way onto other boards. haha. hopefully soon it will stop. :|

15. caferace

caferace No.

There's way too much potential for that. It won't enjoy the stardom that is Durraniland, but it could be re-kindled at any time without too much work. :D

Someone give Skip a call...

-jim

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

China, Pakistan, Dave's honkey leather emporium...I don't give a damn where something is made. Most places anymore implement lean manufavturing and ISO so their practices are no different than anyvother continent. So long as the suit keeps you safe and does job.

17. Whoop

Whoop Whoopies Race School

They're made in Pakistan like most of them are. And I havent seen anyboby crash test them yet I cmra region.

18. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

The difference is that the suits made in Pakistan are not QC controlled until after production. Reason being is that people from here shouldn't/cannot travel there to watch over things and implement changes if need be until after the fact.

Lack of QC also means the way they cure the leather, etc. Unless they have the leather shipped in for production.

Also, in those factories, like the Chinese stuff, they are all made in the same place and have access to the same things. It isn't in anyone's best business sense to build stuff there because there is no controlling what happens.

In the Chinese factories, they can have the leather brought in from several good and well known leather places like Brazil, etc. They can do QC as they can visit anytime they wish. Most big companies do several visits a year to make sure stuff is going on right. Plus, they know the way it is being made and can make changes quickly. They also are able to design quick inspection spots on a product that allow them to watch as the product is being built and make sure the quality is where they want it to be.

Say what you want about being made in China, but it is certainly nowhere near the same as if it were made in Pakistan.

Now, that is not saying the two suit companies mentioned are total shit. It is just saying they cannot do the same quality building and manufacturing as what is made in China...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why can't they fly to Pakistan when they can to China?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because they don't saw your head off with a rusty tree saw in China.