1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Ballistik Apparel race suits?

Discussion in 'General' started by Agg2001, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Agg2001

Agg2001 Well-Known Member

roo > cow. and the price was better too. win/win for me.

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You could find a nearly new Spyke or Spidi on ebay UK for less than 500 shipped. I'll put either of them up against the others mentioned. I've got a spyke 56 white green and blue I'll let go for $400, it was too snug for me.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I crashed the crap out of mine but they only lasted one crash. Ambulance man cut them off anyway. :(:eek:

4. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

I am surprised that folks aren't mentioning the TaiChi leathers that Eslick did the impressive baseball slide in last year at DIS.

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Mine were the moo cow version.

6. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

I normally would mention Taichi leathers but I'm thinking that maybe their name should stay out of this thread :p

7. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Taichi are probably the best leathers out there.

But, I thought we were talking USA.

Then, OP goes and gets Arlen Ness. I'm confused. lol

8. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

as always....besides the fact you stalk everything i say....you're right. i'm an idiot.:up: i don't know a fucking thing. :confused:and how the fuck am i sinking anyone? wtf do you mean by that? all im saying is that shit's gonna be handled one way or another. i'm not paid by any company. so, why the fuck does it matter what i say to you? STALKER!:crackup:

9. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

eh.....i'm headed back down to sx now. enjoy your keyboard!:crackup:

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, he is not. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know, Heroic and some of the others that people are pulling on their wangs on are about as 'merican as Muhammad Ali Jinnah. :D

They might have an American name but they are made in Wackistan Pakistan.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why has no one mentioned Z Custom Leathers? They are not in business anymore?

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought someone did. Adolf needs to have something done about his website.

14. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

My last two suit have been Arlen Ness. I went and got one when that MOTO GP rider had a blow out @ 200+ and got up and walked off with out a scratch. I've crashed the shit out off both suit and they're tough as nails. My next suit will be a A N as well.

15. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I had a AN titanium roo, loved it. Now have a rs taichi it feels great but I miss the roo mainly for the weight difference.

16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

i know of these companies who make custom suits in the united states:

east:
    vanson
    barnacle bill
    syed

west:
    helimot
    z custom
    bates
    zooni
    njk

my first suit was a 2nd hand custom vanson. it had been down no less than 5 times. no holes. i put it to the test 4 times. still no holes. i've seen plenty of syed and BB suits that also wear like iron.

i don't believe it's fair to claim that there are only 2 custom suit companies in the U.S. and that the fit is poor. some of the companies have been in business and making custom leathers for racers before the owner of heroic or skip were born, and continue to do so. i'm sure people have had fit issues with every custom brand. it comes with the territory. very difficult business to be in, no doubt.

with that being said, i don't believe any U.S. suit makers offer kangaroo as an option. i've seen the heroic 'roo suits and they're very nice. however, for that money, you can also get a top shelf custom kushitani, taichi, a-stars, etc.
    i like the idea of the stingray in the suit. i think held was the first company to use stingray on their gloves. i have a pair, and have tested them many times. stingray is awesome for sure.

17. backbone

I did, They are great leathers. Site sucks though.

18. backbone

I think a roo suit would be great, but that shit don't last long compared to a big 'ole steer.

Talking about how it starts to get weak from sweat and whatnot.

19. cdill35

cdill35 Well-Known Member

I put my 09 Ti Arlen Ness suit to the test 10+ times and never suffered so much as a scratch. Anyone looking for a nice suit in the $1000 range, cheaper on closeout, I highly recommend the kangaroo arlen ness.

I have a Ballistik suit on the way and am excited. I worked with Jace and he knocked out my design over a few emails and within 48 hours. My experience with another custom suit company was nothing like that. It took weeks just to get the patches placed on an already predesigned team suit. Then it took over 3 months to get the suit. And frankly, didn't crash worth a shit.

I dont know much about Heroic down here in Texas and don't see many of their suits. I'm sure that if it's a quality product, with superior customer service then everything will be just fine. But if the service sucks and the lead time is 3 months and there is virtually no presence at the club level then that is where I would focus my energy if I was :):):):):):). I damn sure wouldn't waste any money on a lawyer... I'd probably get production handled and launch an aggressive marketing campaign.

The Ballistik sub distributor here in Texas approached me to talk about his suit, showed me a demo, made me believe he wanted me in his gear, put me in touch with Jace and so far I couldn't be happier. I hope it crashes well cuz Lords Knows I need it to.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

after hear all the hub bub about Heroic and the BS surrounding it, there popped up a group buy on a local board here. Just gloves, shouldnt be hard to get right? Wrong. Once the number in the "group" was met, the order was placed on Aug. 9 2011.
    Sept. 22, 2011, Todd claims gloves should be shipped out in another week or two.
    Oct. 6, claims "very soon" they'll go out.
    Oct. 17, gloves supposedly are "finished".
    Oct. 31, gloves will be shipped "STAT" whatever that means.
    Sometime in October, it was seen on his FB that the so-called "good deal" he's offering people in this group buy, he's offering the same pricing to everyone.
    Nov. 21, Todd once again says the gloves are now done and should be shipping and delivered in about a week.
    Dec. 7, tracking numbers are promised.
    Dec. 20, Todd claims the factory didnt put "his" gloves in the box (keep in mind, he had earlier claimed to already have them)
    Dec. 28, all the customers who place their order for gloves have now recieved them except for one. (here we are, 4 months later to get NINE customers taken care of)
    On Feb. 17, and numerous emails from the 10th customer (half of which went unanswered) His gloves finally arrive, along with a 2nd pair of a much lesser quality, for his "troubles".
    Over 6 months.

Sorry, from what ive seen of the customer service, i dont give a damn how good their shit is, there is no effin way i'd ever do business with a company like this. The false promises and lies are completely unacceptable business practices.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012