Pit Bulls are dangerous brutish animals

Discussion in 'General' started by Pittenger5, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Something went wrong there. Being that ALL the background of the dogs, and their owner isn't available, you can't make an assumption that it was all the dogs fault.

I do hope the lady heals up well, always sad to hear about these things.

2. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

Pits are horrible :rolleyes:

Just look at this mean SOB. 90lb concrete block :D

[​IMG]

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I don't know. Never really looked into the statistics. I did find this table and it seems to suggest something different. I suppose this could go back to the "people who own pit bulls are asses" type of thinking but they must be REALLY HUGE asses...

http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2011.pdf

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Tell the truth...you have that collar set to "Slumber" don't you?

5. Kyle827

Haha actually I have another 115lb husky and I run both of their collars on 1. There is 6 different settings. They want nothing to do with even getting near that fence lol. Hell the neighbors little rat dog comes over into the yard and my pit will sit at the fence line and whine until said rat dog comes to play with him. Kinda pisses me off haha. He is almost 3yr my husky is 9yr.

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I had a male lab for 15 years. Very much a humper, but mostly just me. I shoulda let him finish at least once.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  7. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Ours would try and mount the babysitter.

:D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There was a guy with an ugly bulldog at Loudon that used to hump motorcycle wheels and jizz on them.

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

One of my buddys had an english bull dog that was romantic like that. The first time I met that dog I literally had to smack him on the head with my helmet to get him off. He wasn't taking no for an answer. The son of a bitch, no flowers, no hello, nothing. Just went for my leg and got busy.

Interesting stats here. Amazing, the percentage of fatalities from "the family" dog...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I just don't get the fascination of either side.

11. Kyle827

That's a sad list damn. Few 9 day old children, couple weeks old etc. Insane people for real.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I wonder why LEO use german shepherds instead of pitbulls for police dogs? Better nose on the shepherds?

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

By the looks of the list, easier to train/control?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They don't want to be sitting in a car with a pit bull. :D

15. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

My roommate had a pit bull. He took care of it real well, it always played nice. It was a friendly dog and as far as I could tell was never mistreated. Even started to think I was wrong about pit bulls myself. Then one day, it mauled his Mother-In-Laws dog to shreds and was put down. Yeah I know some of you won't believe me, it's just the way pit-bull owners are...every time. My dog is friendly, it's just bad owners, my dog is an angel. I know a post on the internet isn't going to mean crap to you, but I figured I would pitch my 2 cents in anyways. The whole they're nice unless they have bad owners is crap. No, they're not Satan spawn creatures out to kill everything, but they do kill people and their pets regularly. Yeah, bad owners I'm sure make it a lot worse. Just because your dog isn't currently attacking someone doesn't mean they won't later.

Congrats, you may just be the next person in the news saying "It was a gentle animal, my kids loved it, it's never done anything, etc. etc." while an ambulance loads up someone in the background. Yeah, it's probably just trying to be good to you and protecting you from the bad person (jogger) running by. Or maybe they wanted to play and the other person freaked out to defend themselves which causes the dog to attack. Try that argument to the person getting all of the stitches and see how they take it. Or perhaps it just wants to play with your baby when it kills it. Either way, someone gets killed or seriously maimed.

Oh, and how is "well this other dog attacks and kills people too" an argument? Great, don't own either. And yes, all dogs have that chance of attacking you, it's just some dogs do a lot worse damage/kill when they do attack.

16. Kyle827

Sheppards have excellent noses and can sniff in 10,000 things and detect one specific smell. So even in say an airport with 100,000 people and 100,000 smells they can smell out the one drug smell still.

Bloodhounds have the best sniffers but can get confused on to much smelling.

Saw it on discovery channel :D

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Most of it is simply the size of the dog when it misbehaves. There are more misadjusted, tempermental snappy little shit bag chiuauas on the planet than just about any other breed of dog. However since they can't do any real damage it's considered cute when they exhibit a behavior that would see a larger animal labeled as a violent killer and unsafe under any circumstances.

Perception...it's all about your point of view.

18. Kyle827

Ankle biters.....f them rat dogs :D

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I have a feeling it's a combination of both yours and Papa's answer:D

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL, ya I'll go head to head with a Chihuahua if it's bearing down on me. Pitbull, I think I'll go with flight rather than fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.