1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blake and Chris' new ride

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Feb 14, 2012.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This.

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Get over it man. I'm tired of hearing people bitch about this. It's not like it's not common anywhere else.

3. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Here is a old school pic...

Attached Files:

4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

someone drank the Haterade today

are you faster than Chris? didn't think so....

money only gets you so far in terms of talent

Chris is a good dude, no need to be a hater

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Look at all that polished aluminum and inverted forks.

6. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Gives me WOOD.......

7. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

:stupid:

8. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

That is the result they are looking for in sponsoring athletes and racers. Those people at the bike nights are rocking the Monster stickers (and others) because Monster has created a "cool" athlete culture through sponsorship. Those people are emulating the "sponsored" people they see rocking the stickers/gear first. They might not be directly emulating Josh Hayes, but all that exposure came originally from advertising. All those people are the end goal companies like Monster hope to reach, through sponsorship of others at the front and center of the scene. The general public supporting that doesn't "cheapen" anything IMO. If anything, I think it re-enforces brand loyalty from a specific demographic, and encourages sponsorship within that realm.

I do understand if actual "racers" are rocking stickers w/out any support, that does cheapen everything for all of us, but fans and general public supporting those that support the sport/lifestyle they love, ALL GOOD TO ME!

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Maybe you're a little biased?

10. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

?

Purty.

11. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

probably, but i also contribute my own time and money to this sport through sponsoships

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This was Yosh's best scheme IMO.... and yes this was PRE GSX-R 1000

[​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jealous much?

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep.

15. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

I would one up that and say that being a Red Bull sponsored rider is even more coveted. They don't even produce stickers, hats, jackets, etc for mass consumption so if you have one, it means something.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:up:

17. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

Monster gives out some of the best quality jackets and hoodies though, half my wardrobe is either monster or the big red machine because it is comfortable and quality. I am glad to advertise for them for free, and I like the fact that other people are advertising it for free also.
    Disclaimer: It doesn't hurt that my paycheck is supported by people buying their products....

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I believe the new KTM 450 comes with RB graphics out of the crate.

19. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Actually, a lot of people share that opinion. Makes it tough to be a high dollah hoe if there's too many giving it away. ;)

20. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

not really, even though the hats and clothing is more exclusive, each company has different levels of sponsorship, some product only some money and product, if your getting a nice paycheck from monster and someone else gets free red bull and a hat, i would say the money one is the better deal

actually try getting a monster athlete hat, you can buy the ones that say fox or one industries on it, but only sponsored athletes get the exclusive stuff