1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened between............

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Feb 13, 2012.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

That was definitely one the douchetastic side of things to post, but he could very well simply be showing a lack of remorse, instead of an existence of malicious intent.

I'm not saying what he did was OK. I'm just saying that he's not the Antichrist for making a too-rough pass.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So apparently Joey just didnt want to lead for that small section between where he sat up and let Benny thru, and where he forced a pass to the point that they were touching/bouncing off each other for a good 4 seconds? Riiiight..........

I think you need to watch the video again. Benny was exiting the first turn after Joey let him buy, so apparently he did exactly what you said would be the best place to push someone off.

3. Donkey1

Donkey1 Well-Known Member

Come on! Thats a clear cut case of pushing someone off the track plain and simple. The only thing he didnt do was turn around and flick em off and thats cause he was goin into another corner.

4. playdough

playdough Well-Known Member

Next potential sponsor just needs to google Pascarella's name and these threads are going to pop up. Kid/family may have created their personal punishment right there...

so long 2012...

5. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

some say that he waved him by, but the video doesnt catch it. :Pop:

6. I have to agree.

There are "racing incidents" all the time. People come in hot, people lose traction, people run wide, etc. There are many things that cause people to "bump" while racing.

However, doing so intentionally, even going as far as to look back at the guy and let him get up to you so you can hit him again, is absolutely uncalled for. If there was ever an incident that was worthy of license being revoked, that was it. He blantantly, intentionally, put himself and others at risk; that is uncalled for and unacceptable.

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Met Benny's dad, he's a super cool guy and handled it the right way. Props to him and Benito.

8. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

i jus signed a petition at my post office to remove his license :D

9. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

You're too busy pine-in' over Hopkins's hand and tapped out emotionally for the day.

:D

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Actually, I consider myself an expert in these matters.

You see, I coached my son from 6 years old until he was 18. For 4 years in a row I sent him to Toronto to be mentored by Vladislav Tretyak, at the expense of a nice 911 in my driveway. For those that don't know, he is the hockey goalie equivalent of Kenny Roberts; considered the greatest goalie of all time. And I saw what it took to get a young player to the NHL. I would not go that route with my son. I always held back. It probably cost him his chance but I want to hope that any of you that have met him at the track would come to me and say "hey, he's a good kid".

Because when it comes to real life isn't that what we want to hear from a stranger...that you have raised a good kid?

I consider myself what some people would call competitive, along with my son. But I refuse to go to the next level if it means sacrificing integrity, honor and class.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. :D and the fact that Sean was there, can view the video and really doesn't need to hear my opinion on it all. I'm sure if he and WERA does, they'll call me. They have my number but. . . I don't expect a phone call. ;)

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So this is what it takes for you to shut your yap, huh? :D

13. Chip

Chip Registered

I think the world of Evelyne and I think she will do the right thing. I think she has a WAY better grasp on the entire situation than you knuckle heads.

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a brilliant dude.

15. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

What? My opinion doesn't matter in the management of WERA? The horror!!!!

:crackup:

16. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Whatevs. Judge not, kids, that's all I'm saying. Almost none of you were at the event, and most of you probably don't even know whether LVMS is a left- or right-hand track, let alone the layout and what each corner is like. Still, you're willing to make resounding proclamations about the intentions of a rider you watched on YouTube and read about in a third-party account of events from a blog.

I don't know either rider. I've excused myself as I squeezed past Benny in a rider's meeting, and I have never even seen Joey in person. I have no dog in this fight. I just recognize that adrenaline-soaked teenagers hungry for a win will ride like adrenaline-soaked teenagers hungry for a win.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well...At least one of them rode like a bonehead.

18. playdough

playdough Well-Known Member

Was Pascarella riding for a win when he took the time to sit up and allow Solis to pass? It doesn't appear as though he was thinking about the win right there...so, yes, it was adrenaline soaked.

19. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

10 pages...at least..:Pop:

20. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

So we can't hold them accountable because they're adrenaline-soaked teenagers? That gives them a pass for intentionally risking the life of a fellow rider? Have the 18-year-old adults no accountability for their actions?

Those moves were blatant as blatant can be.