1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened between............

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

:stupid:

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It's not bad enough to pull a license, guys. A lot of you are going way overboard. A talking to, sure. A petition/protest, yeah, I could see that. But fines, pulling licenses, pulling sponsorship etc? This isn't knitting, and that wasn't malicious.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I might give him that leeway, except just before that he obviously let up and watched Benny pass him, presumably to try pushing him soon after.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

This was hard racing until Pascarella intentionally let Solis by to put that BS move on him.

Solis is a bad ass kid, kept it pinned. :cool:

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Fuck yeah, that kid is focused!

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sorry...the look over the shoulder and waving him by shows his intent...He'd never throw a leg over a bike at another WERA event if I were in charge.

Evelyne may be a little more forgiving than I however.

7. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Is it common pratice to let you competition by so you could use him as a berm in the next turn?

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

nextmotochampion is saying joey let off and let him have the lead on the straight, then to stuff and make contact and run someone off the next corner?

douchebag move

9. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Yea Joey looks like he's bowguarding Benny at that :15 mark. Look at :15 in slow motion. Glad I race CCS...LOL!

10. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

I did that to skip this past weekend at NOLA. Unintentional tho, followed him into pits and apologized immediately. He was cool and even talked to me afterwards. Nice meeting you guys by the way! Thread jacked yes

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

There are way better places to push someone off the track. T1, the corner directly ahead of them when Joey looks over, has a runoff access road. It's very, very easy to make someone take that road.

I can't read Joey's mind and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but having raced that track, it was a "fuck you, get out of my way" pass, not a "fuck you, get off the track" pass.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lot's of "that's racing" in the video mixed with some " what a cockhead". Glad is turned out without bent bikes and broken riders.

WERA will handle it, I'm out of this.

13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

And is NextMotoChampion the definitive guide on what was in Joey's head?

14. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

No, tophyr is. :up:

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I've never even met the kid. I just know that track.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

OK, I'll admit that I watched the video the first time on my iPhone so the resolution didn't show the whole story very well. I don't understand the whole "look over and let him by just to jam him in the next corner move".

But I sure didn't see the elbows flailing like some people described. I hate to keep using hockey analogies but it is all I know.....it is a different game when I watch my son play at a college level and what I do in a men's league. Kind of like our battles of old dudes (well, I'm an old dude anyway!) versus kid's on 600's.

I just think it would be nice if the 2 rider's "discussed" the matter instead of father's getting involved. I absolutely hate when dad's get too involved emotionally in what their son's do.

17. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

nope, but posting on Facebook that he "took care of buisness while being sick and showed some people not to mess with me. Haahaha." goes to show you what is going on in his head.

18. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

Joey Pascarella - Dose it show were benny completly moved over off the starts of both races?? Maybe there was a reason why he had somthing coming.

his comments arent helping and it seems like he planned that :eek:

19. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

That is easy to say, but both of these kids doing this for a living and their fathers have put considerable time and I am sure money into their careers.

20. :stupid:

At one point, Joey even looked back at him, and almost appeared to slow down as if to wait on him, and then they banged into each other again.

To say all of that was unintentional is being a little ridiculous. They aren't fooling anybody.

Joey proved he could put his head down and turn a flying lap, good enough to check out. So why didn't he do so, instead of looking back and appearing to wait on Benny to come back beside him?

I agree, there is absolutely no sense in shit like that. That could have easily ended both of their racing careers.