1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old motorcycle movies

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rus23, Feb 2, 2012.

1. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Found TimeRider on Netflix, not as good as I remembered it, but that chick is still hot as hell

Anyone remember silver dream racer? That's probably what got me interested in racing.

2. THIRTY4

THIRTY4 Well-Known Member

Hi Russ,

Do you know what bike and the name of the main character in "Silver Dream Racer"?

Don

3. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Names

No, no names. Found a clip on you tube, Pretty cool opening sequence.

4. rus23

rus23 Misfit

5. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Peter Coyote

Ordered a product from me years ago and I told him I was a fan and loved him in Time Rider
    "ah, the classic" he said...[wasn't he in something else as well?]:D

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Barton Phoenix, main character played by David Essex - Nick Freeman, the bike was ridden in the 1979(?) British GP by Roger Marshall. Never seen the movie but we (racers in the UK at the time) knew it would be bad.

If you've got 1 1/2 hours to waste and don't mind epic crap, watch this...actually in some ways it's almost worth watching for it's comedy value alone:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOM1WlIxrQo

7. chcknugget

chcknugget Well-Known Member

Cycle South is on Netflix streaming... It's somewhat entertaining...

8. THIRTY4

THIRTY4 Well-Known Member

It is bad!

Don

9. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Its not that bad, remember, I was 13 when I first saw it. Not knowing anything about motorcycle racing helped...

10. was92v

was92v Active Member

On any Sunday

11. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

If you live near Atlanta, we're having a movie night at wow motorcycles in Marietta on feb 22nd. I voted for the new Guy Martin IOM movie as I have a copy but I think On Any Sunday won by popular vote. Free food and drink, discounts at the parts counter, get to hold a "Charlie sucks" sign! :up:

12. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

You guys should start charging for the honor. :)

The IOM3D movie is pretty good. I had a copy, but I loaned it to my dirtbike riding college student nephew....who said he would drop it on his computer and mail it back....yeah, I'll hold my breathe.....I consider it like I'm infecting him with it. :)

You may be onto something there Dean. Those seminars you guys hold are pretty good....and I guess On any Sunday has a broader audience to start off your movie nights....but I would vote with you for IOM.

13. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

I am voting with you and Charlie for the IOM movie. I haven't seen it but I understand the 3D makes the racing seem very real. Looking forward to seeing it.

14. JPG671

JPG671 Well-Known Member

Little Fauss and Big Halsy

I'll never forget the scene with SCREAMING two strokes. Then they give you a close up of the tach which is reading something like 4K, with a red line of 5K.

15. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

It's not too too old but I really enjoyed Race For Glory.

On Any Sunday is a great one too. Malcolm Smith:wow: