Giant Leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jan 30, 2012.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've got a friend that is 6 foot 6 inches and 260lbs, looking for a set of leathers off the rack. Any ideas on what brand would have a better chance of fitting? I hate to order him some and have to pay to send them back when they don't fit.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Kobe is the only leathers that come in "huge" size, AFAIK. And they might not fit anyways, being that big that's more of a custom leathers size.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I believe that Alpinestars has size susquatch. I was actually checking for myself but you might do better with a custom suit. Theres not much difference in price.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Have him get a custom from Barnacle Bill.

Best value suit for the vertically and horizontally gifted. :)

5. tall guy

tall guy Active Member

i am 6'5" 250 and i wear alpinestars in a size 62. its fits perfect in the arms and legs but its a butt hair to big in the torso.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Speed and Strength size 54 should fit him fine.

Just bought a size 52 and had to downsize to a 50; they're cut generously and long.

7. yzmaico

yzmaico Well-Known Member

I have a friend who did one track day (didn't care for it) he has a two piece Rhino that may fit your friend, he wears a 54 and has a 40 waist, the inseam looks pretty long, colors are silver/black/white, I think you can get an idea what they look like on Ebay. PM if you would like his number.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

When I looked at A* they didn't have anything past size 60. Good to know but I'd guess you still can have any color as long as it's black? :)

Good to know. :up:

9. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Maybe Speed and Strength. Limited colors for sure.

10. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

i have a set of AGVsports that I was just getting ready to post for sale i am 6'3" and 250 and these are size 62 so they would have a good chance of fitting him if your interested let me know.

11. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

What's his budget like? Seems like a good deal on a custom is the way to go. I hate to sound like I'm plugging my sponsor, but we have dealt with a similar situation (buddy of mine was 6' 6'' and rail thin) Let me know if he at least wants a quote.

12. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

+1

13. tall guy

tall guy Active Member

yeah. it kind of sucks. unless i go custom, my only option seems to be black

14. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I'm 6'4" and 245lbs and I couldn't fit in anything off the rack because of the way I'm built from years in the gym (narrow waist, broad shoulders/chest and wide back). Anything I tried was either swimming thru the midsection or way too tight up top.

I went with a custom Pilot. Perfect fit.