1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

osha 10hr scaffold cert

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jan 23, 2012.

1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I do. Savannah River site. We maintain the water tank there

Well I say we do.

We spend 3 days doing certs to do 1/2 a days work usually, then we dont even actually do most of the work, their guys do, and we supervise them since we are the "pros" at our job. Odd shit. 3 days of training on their rules and crap (which have little to nothing to do with my job), to supervise a guy doing MY job.. yet he is never trained on my job :crackhead:

2. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

OP,

You need an OSHA 10 or a scaffold Cert? OSHA has changed the "rules" for teaching etc. Instructors have to give notice and pay another fee for the cards. All of the online stuff is about to go bye bye, they want the face to face time with an instructor.

Back to my ?, which one you need?

3. joec

joec brace yourself

i was told an osha 10hr for scaffold. but this is by the pm for the job. and he has no clue what they are talking about because the pms are from another country. easier to hire locals because if the visa situation and stuff they say.

ill know more, especially about the 4 hour thing, in the next few days.

better to sign up for online asap you think? just in case i get this project? would suck to have to go to va, pa, jersey, or some such like the other guy from tenn.

i basically told them that if it was required, and it wasnt too much of a pita, id do it. mind you im subbing to these guys. so.....

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I just was reading back through and realized I typed that wrong.

It should say

"I have an osha 10hr , 4hr scaffold, an 8 hr general safety, and I think it is 4hr lead certification."

That guy is right, I dont think there is an actual 10hr scaffold only course. The 10 hours are for like contruction, marine, and manufacturing or something like that. Not sure.
    then I had to take the confined space specific which I think was 4 hours, and a first aid, bloodbourne and CPR which took like 6 hours I think.

Hell probably more :gaah. It is actually pretty ridiculous. Most of it is redundant.

5. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

joec,

PM me your number. I'll try to call you tomorrow or catch you on here. I know a guy that knows a guy...

6. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

Nothing like it.:D

I usually work refuel or mods. Nothing like working with stuff that glows. :D
    http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/albums/userpics/12138/thumb_Core_Load.jpg