1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daddy WANT!!!! (Traxxas E-maxx)

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Squid, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

So, I've been wanting to get back into an rc mobile, been out of it for far too long. Anyone else into it?

Want to get into an electric, and my eyes are on the Traxxas E-maxx brushless

http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/3908emaxxbrushless

Stopped by a local hobby shop, and they had some in stock for a little over $400, base bones obviously (but it beats the $600+ online! for the bare bones), and the rep reccomended either the Emaxx, or the Stampede 4x4.

Think it'll be kickass to get back into, I remember when I was little going to the races where my Dad raced his truck. Would LOVE to get one and get him back into it and build a dirt track at my house, and his.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have a Traxxas 4x2 Slash. It's a riot!

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Will you be selling tickets to the Barbies and GI Joe's to come watch you crush Matchbox cars in the bathtub? :D

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm planning on resurrecting my 2 RC-10 trucks(one gas, one electric) this summer. The nitro one needs a new motor(broke the case by jumping it too big) and the electric one needs a speed controller, batteries and charger. I am going to look into the brushless setup, since I need a speed controller anyways and motors are much cheaper as compared to when I was 15.
    2 acre yard should make for some fun trashing. :D

5. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

65 MPH? :clap:

6. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Going to go brushless electric as well. Don't know how true (still researching) but the hobbys hop guy said now-a-days you can make an electric faster than a nitro......

That's not my main point though, but yeah 65mph is KICKASS! Also, the E-maxx is $420 locally. "Stock" of course, but that still should be tons-o-fun.

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I've got a 4x4 slash that's fun to play with. Of course I didn't like the stock motor/esc so after sending it back to traxxas for replacement I sold the new one and put in a Mamba Monster 2650 and ESC. 65mph is pretty easy with a simple gear swap now. :)

as for power, the new lipo batteries are the bomb. I run a 2 cell battery most of the time but throw in a 3 cell for wheelies and tire shredding fun. slipper clutch, oil filled differentials, adjustable shocks, etc. on a little stadium truck.

electric is great. just as fast as gas, plus I just put it up when i'm done and I don't do anything besides charge the batteries. I don't usually plan to run mine for hours on end so the battery is fine. I have three batteries and by the time they are done, i'm ready to move onto another hobby..

BTW really nice shop and track in Easly SC. worth a trip. very knowledgable guys, and for $5 you can run as long as you want on the track.

8. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

E revo mamba 1/10 is stupid fast and fun

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Its been a while for me but i would go with the Revo over the Emaxx anyday.

And those new electrics are the bomb, no more carb tuning, broken recoils, problems in the cold, dying when upside down haha.

One day im going to buy a 1/8 buggy brushless, money is going all towards the bike now tho.

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Just got a 4x4 Slash, cuz I wanted to get one more badass than Dave's!

11. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

They're crazy fast now. My old RC10 was nothing compared to the new brushless toys. Hell, even the new batteries are amazing.

I picked up a Rustler VXL, it's amazing how much abuse these things can take.

12. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

my slash

here's two photos of it right after I added the new motor and esc. had to move most of the internals around to make it work but it looks pretty stock unless you know what you are looking at. :)

the 4x4 is great fun if you plan to drive it in grass, etc because of the extra driving wheels. if you just want cheap fun, your kids are going to drive it, or plan on racing, the 2wd is better. the 4wd is pretty fast out of the box, and there's more groups around racing the 2wd versions (and more competitors in the market). still not a lot of 4wd stadium trucks out...

Attached Files:

13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I can't get enough of these things!

[​IMG]

14. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Go with nitro!

While the e-tards are waiting for their batteries to charge, all you have to do is dump 75cc's of fun in the tank and keep on truckin'!

Yeah, the nitros are a bit more $$involved$$ to keep 'em going, but you're burning fuel and making noise. No electric can match that, IMO.

Regardless, whichever you end up with, they are shit tons of fun.

15. Mblashfield

16. Mblashfield

17. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Dang Matt! Speechless!

18. Mblashfield

19. Mblashfield

[​IMG]