1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FI light question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Branko, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Branko

Branko Well-Known Member

I installed the bazzaz zfi tc and quick shifter,. When i got it all put back together the FI light was on. i put the bike into dealer mode and it is putting out C00 code. ANY advice?
    (gsxr 750 06,two brothers slip on,K&N filter)

Thx 4 any advice

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

C00 means no malfunction found. Was the FI light on right after starting or only after riding? If after riding, the quickshifter will trigger some transient codes (C24-C27) due to missed ignition signals which is normal. The codes get cleared when you turn the bike off.

3. Branko

Branko Well-Known Member

Yes FI light on 10 sec,after starting and i never ride bike just start in garage and shift thru the gears at stands.Turn bike off couple times also remove batery and put back and FI light is still there.

THX

4. gixxer357

gixxer357 Well-Known Member

Not sure how your checking the code, but be sure that the bike is running and the FI light is on when you put it in dealer mode.

5. Branko

Branko Well-Known Member

yes running and FI on -C00 thats mean NO FAULT but FI light still on and i still dont know how to reset FI light

THX for imput

6. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Are you sure you are jumping the right connections to put it in dealer mode? Also do not turn the bike off until after you retrieve the code.

Dealer Switch1.jpg

7. Branko

Branko Well-Known Member

Yes i get a code C00 - no fault

8. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

The only time I had the Fi light stay on and not pull a code was after an oil change when the oil filter needed to be burped.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Is it possible that you have either the ignition or FI wiring reversed left to right with your Bazzaz sub harness? If you are getting an FI light, leave the dealer mode on when you run the bike - you should see the code number even if it's intermittent and is not retained. Otherwise finnd a dealer or shop with SDS and look at the fault history.

10. Branko

Branko Well-Known Member

Am still fighting with FI light :) (gsxr 750 06)

After the quick shifter and bazzaz instalation FI light go on and right now i have a code C 28

(i remove set valve and cut wire #30 to ecu a two yers ago and all was good) after the quick shifter, traction and bazzaz instalation FI its on and code C28(Secondary throttle valve actuator )

actuator

ANY advice ???

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  11. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Are you positive you hooked the TPS connection from the Bazzaz to the TPS and not the secondary throttle valve actuator. I believe they use the same type of connector and they are in close proximity to each other. The STVA is at the top of the throttle body assembly and is easy to get to, the TPS is down below it and can be a chore to get to.

12. Branko

Branko Well-Known Member

THX for advice i ill check this tomorrow

13. Branko

Branko Well-Known Member

BIG THX DaveB problem solved

14. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Cool, glad I could point you in the right direction.