1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli who? Pirelli what?

Discussion in 'General' started by DucatiBomber, Dec 15, 2011.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

So I get a text message from a fellow racer asking who I am going to buy my Pirellis from next year...

Was nice someone called and gave me a heads up:cool:

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Rich out of the game?

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Check out the "breaking news" section on RoadRacingWorld... I dont like to post links on here...
    The East Coast Distributor jumped ship. Innovative Motorcycle Research (IMR) is out.
    Classy move to find out from a press release.

Ride safe,
    AAron

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Damn...hoping someone else steps in for ya pronto.

6. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

Yes it's called Dunlop!

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Oh Snap!..........

Somebody post that broken leg or stunter snapping his forks pic.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Curious, how else are people supposed to know about a business closing/changing hands etc? That's what a press release is for. Is he a personal friend and didn't let you know?

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

You develop a relationship with the "vendors" and they expect you to promote their product, their service, etc. I was brand loyal for 4 years.
    Rich(Pirelli)never called or sent an email. I am on several email lists and a heads up would of been nice. They would certainly of expected a heads up if I showed up one weekend and switched tire brands and left them hanging with inventory/etc...
    How hard would it of been to reach out to your "A" rider list and say there are going to be changes?

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

While it was sudden Aaron, I think the writing was on the wall, unfortunately.

12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yep I agree... AND Change is not always a bad thing... I just don't like the way it was handled/announced...

Ride safe,
    AAron

13. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

One less vendor at the track! Totally sucks!

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

No doubt! You cant come with out everything you need... Not sure what the left coast is like but as you know Rollie we have no vendor support on EastCoast (NorthEast-MidAtlantic specifically) with the exception of tires...

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. David Grey

David Grey Well-Known Member

Michelin

now Sam what about Michelin, they are coming out with an all new game changing product in 2012, which i have been on, and they are Fantastic!

16. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Sounds like what happened to Moose when Rich got it - wth is going on ?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's the issue with posting RoadRacing World links here?

18. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

what this guy said:up:

19. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

Mr. Short aka Shady...it is times like this that I must grab a hold of myself and not seek some sort of retribution. If you would like..we could elaborate more on that "proposal" you mentioned in another post :crackup:

And now its time for a short commercial break...

Dunlop "we will supply the rubber, you supply the balls".

:D:D:D:D

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I wasn't sure if there was an issue with RRW and posting their info on websites / forums so I took the safe approach... I thought I remembered something about certain stuff being copyrighted etc... Besides i think its better for people to go to website and look around maybe they will find other stuff while they r there...

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011