Team Zyvax at Philliph Island 8 hour endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by layman771, Dec 4, 2011.

1. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

What's the pace at, at a event like this?

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

JB - what model and compound bridgestones were you guys on? how did you like them?

4. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Great job JB!!!

5. layman771

layman771 Team Zyvax

Bridgestone tires were
    front 120/60 R01 YCX Slick
    rear 190/65 R04 YCX Slick

here are some pictures

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  6. gmd

gmd Well-Known Member

Way to go JB and team!!!!!!

7. layman771

layman771 Team Zyvax

The race was very different than what we have at WERA. The required fuel filling system takes over a minute to fill the tank. Which, during a race, feels like forever. You are not allowed to put the fuel in until you are done working on the bike. Needless to say, the pit stops took much longer than what I am used to.

The race pace was good. Many teams in the 1:34+. The teams on the superbikes had unbelievably fast drive on the straights. The track is very fast or very slow and the corners are mostly all over 90 degrees. This makes the corners very long, and the slow turns seem to last forever. The fast turns are nice and flowing. The drive onto the front stretch tightens up in the middle. You need to get that one right so that you get the best drive. Coming out of the turn, the front wheel likes to come up as you stand up the bike on the gas. So you usually finish the turn on the rear wheel only, which is lots of fun! Honda hairpin is just the opposite. You drive down the hill until your at redline in 5th and then get on the binders to slow down to about 40mph. Lukey is just a sweet corner! It does not have as much elevation change as it looks like on TV. As you start into the turn it tights up a little and there is a small flat area on the top before diving down to a turn that is slower than Honda. The flat spot is nice because it gives up a chance to tighten up your turn when you go in to tight.

This all adds up to a very fun and challenging track to ride.

8. layman771

layman771 Team Zyvax

I am in Sydney now, but will leave Wednesday for Melbourne to pick up the bike and head back to Phillip Island for 2 track days. The weather forecast is 10% or less chance of rain and highs in the mid 70's. It is going to be better weather than we had during the race.

Anyone want to join me?

9. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]Anyone want to join me?[/QUOTE]

I`ll do it!!! Ya think my Pig would fit as carry on luggage? :D

You lucky dog you!! :up::up::up: BTW Hows the foot doin?