1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ballistic Performance EVO2 Lightweight Motorcycle Batteries

Discussion in 'RidersDiscount.com' started by Riders Discount, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Riders Discount is a stocking dealer for Ballistic Performance EVO2 aftermarket motorcycle batteries. These aren’t relabeled shrink-wrapped store-bought batteries, but instead they’re hand-made in the USA lithium iron phosphate batteries that are engineered to be extremely light, durable and powerful with every component designed specifically for use in high-performance motorcycles. If you’re looking to save a significant amount of weight, and improve your motorcycle’s starting performance, look no further than Ballistic Performance EVO2 batteries. Superbikes are designed to be as light as possible yet they still employ rather arcane lead-acid batteries that comparatively, weight a ton. Depending on the application, you can expect to save up to ten pounds of weight just by switching batteries! This is a considerable amount of mass that will be noticeably absent the first time you ride the bike with this battery installed.

From a maintenance standpoint, a conventional lead-acid battery will lose much of its charge, even during short-term storage which is why trickle chargers are so popular today. Ballistic Performance lightweight lithium iron phosphate motorcycle batteries have a very low self-discharge rate and can easily be expected to withstand indoor storage for a year or more with no recharging required to start your bike afterwards!

Another big advantage of this aftermarket motorcycle battery, other than its light weight - is its power output performance. Pound-for-pound, conventional lead-acid batteries do not transfer electricity nearly as efficiently as Ballistic Performance batteries and consequently, must be built oversized to make up for this. The result is a battery that weighs significantly more yet provides less starting power output than a Ballistic Performance motorcycle battery. And unlike some aftermarket battery manufacturers that want you to buy their expensive charging equipment, Ballistic Performance batteries come with clear instructions to fully charge EVO2 batteries in fifteen minutes with conventional battery chargers.

Nineteenth century lead-acid battery technology does not belong in your bike – step into the new millennium with an EVO2 battery by calling TJ at 866.931.6644 x 817 to order or send a message to WERA at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE EVO2 BATTERIES in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Four, eight and twelve cell batteries are available to suit a wide range of applications. From dirtbikes to high-compression V-twins – if you’re unsure of your needs, call us for advice on what best suits your application.
    [​IMG]

Each EVO2 battery comes fully charged out of the box, simply plug in and you’re ready to go. The high-strength plastic chassis provides a durable package for the LiFePO4 cathode that’s up to the challenge of the starting high-compression engines. Plus its small size frees up room within your bike’s battery box for popular aftermarket tuning equipment like a Power Commander or a Bazzaz Performance tuning kit.
    [​IMG]

Smaller and lighter than your bike’s OEM battery, Ballistic Performance EVO2 batteries plug directly into your motorcycle’s OEM wire harness. No special connection hardware required. Simply plug in and ride! Best of all, unlike some manufacturers of lightweight batteries, Ballistic Performance provides the precise charging recipe in the packaging of each battery so you can quickly charge the device anytime you feel necessary.
    [​IMG]

No cheap plastic shrink wrap packaging here! Every Ballistic Performance Battery is made with a durable two-piece chassis that houses four, eight or twelve powerful cells to turn your bike’s engine over fast and reliably.
    [​IMG]

We stocked heavy so you can ride light. Ballistic Performance LiFePO4 aftermarket motorcycle batteries are ready to ship!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I'm going to be calling you tomorrow, sir!!

3. Riders Discount

Looking forward to it.

Thanks

4. GM GIXXER

Thanks again, TJ. Received battery about 20 hours after I ordered it! WOW..

Installed last night. Obvious easy install, a bit of foam in front of it in the battery tray(to keep from bouncing around), done... Impressive stuff, small and very light weight. Mechanics I work with thought it was very cool!

I did not know it had a 3 year warranty (prorated of course) An added plus!

5. Riders Discount

Very nice unit indeed. We found that using a little industrial velcro on the bottom will help keep it secure as well. At 1 lb it doesn't need much.

6. GM GIXXER

Funny u should mention, that is what I ended up doing, does work perfect., thanks again

7. Riders Discount

Sounds good!

8. armyrgr

armyrgr Life is a crazy b*tch...

what cell do I need for a 2006 R6?

9. Riders Discount

A 4 cell will do the job without issue on the R6

10. Riders Discount

A big advantage we found when using Ballistic batteries is that it's much easier to install aftermarket tuning devices, like a Power Commander, in the space left over when the OEM battery is out of the equation.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  11. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Got one in my R6 this spring. Amazing power and amazing weight difference. Thanks TJ/RD.

12. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

Batteries for a 04 ZX-10R and 89 ZX-10.......

13. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

14. CBRRacer07

CBRRacer07 Got Curves?

What cell do you recommend for an '11 750 and how much shipped to 30045

15. Riders Discount

An 8 cell will be best

16. Jonny Boy

Jonny Boy Well-Known Member

Send me a price on what you would recommend for a 08 GSXR 750. Thanks TJ.

17. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

18. 703motogp

703motogp Well-Known Member

What kind would I need for an 09 GSXR-750 race bike?? Thanks TJ!

*ACE*

19. mmarsden

mmarsden Active Member

ducati 1000 supersport

would 8 cell work for this.. how much shipped 03845

20. Riders Discount

An 8 cell will probably get the job done however for about $20 more you can have the piece of mind of the 12 cell.