08 gsxr 600 keyless

Discussion in 'Tech' started by iomTT, Dec 3, 2011.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

How do I go about leaving out the ignition switch and ign loom with the 08 units please crew for a K8 GSXR 600

2. Digger Dom

Digger Dom Well-Known Member

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You could just pedal down the road and hand Shaun the diagram Dom...or are you in Oz now, Shaun?

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

hAHAHA still in OZ mt, back to NZ on the 17th

Cheers Dom

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hey, are you compitent enough to build a NZ SS spec motor now mate?

(SS = Top calss 600 to me) and get your hands on Good cams ASAP?

6. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

Shaun, if you have an immobiliser on that gsxr (it will have a ring antenna on top of the key barrel and additional electronics under the key barrel) then you either have to tape these 2 things together and stash them somewhere or I will tell you off-line how to get around this...

The Aussie bikes have the immobiliser but the US ones dont, I'm assuming yours is aussie...

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

USA wire loom dude, so should be good eh?

8. auz_gsxr

Where didthe ECU come from? if US then do the resistor trick in that forum, if from NZ/Aust then post me your ECU lol

BTW I havent ignored your PM, I want to send you some info on this but a website I need is down...

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Yep ecu and loom from the USA mate

swt as re the PM Sean:beer:

10. auz_gsxr

ah you're golden then, just follow the steps in the link provided earlier :)

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Kool, finaly getting there haha

12. auz_gsxr

Btw if you're not running the stock damper you can get rid of that FI light with a resistor (search here and you'll find it), I believe it's 20K but.

And if you want to remove the exhaust valve servo and 02 sensor there is a wire you can cut to the ECU to stop the FI light... cant remember the wire but again it's on the gsxr forum...

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Have genuine Ohlin's replacement resistor mate, Ohlin;s NZ gave me one:clap:

14. auz_gsxr

I've got genuine Jaycar resistor for $0.20... my friends aren't as usefull as yours lol

15. Digger Dom

Well I think I can pretty easy but I think Rick would have a better idea! Can't see why not.

16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I think so. Having access to some fancier tools would help, but I think the proper skills are there.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Ring JOHN HEPBURN ASAP then mate

18. Digger Dom

Thanks for the comment Rick. How would you like me to pay for it, cheque or cash?!!!

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Doing it too an 08 GSXR750

Ok, finally got around to trying this, but I have failed!!!!!

I have used a 100olm resister, on packet of them it says " RES 0.5W MTL 100R

when I turn on power switch, the dash lights up very dim, and when I unplug the starter relay, the Dash Lights up perfectly.

So plug back in and When I hit starter button, all I get is a ticking from the starter realy?

Help please:bow: