1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06-07 GSXR 600 V 08-09 GSXR 600 Loom

Discussion in 'Tech' started by iomTT, Nov 29, 2011.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Help, is it possible to fit a 08/09 GSXR 600/750 Loom to a bike with 06/07 Throttle boddies?

A mate of mine is trying to do it and seems to have extra Spare plugs not plugged in?

I have NOT seen the bike but that is what he tells me is his problem

2. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

not sure, the 08+ will have a few extra plugs like O2 and IACV. Is he using 06 ecu? Not sure if it will work to be honest but might using the 06 ecu and just leaving the IACV and O2 plugs open??? Ask him for more details, does it start?

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Yes there is a plug on the 08-09 that goes to absolutely nothing.

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys, I have asked him the questions

The ecu he is using is also an 08 unit

5. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

The 08+ has the ISC Valve, whereas the K6/K7 do not, this will cause issues with the ECU

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

so 08 loom will NOT work with 06/07 throttle boddies

7. auz_gsxr

unless u hack the ecu

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Time to get him some 08 Throttle boddies then, lucky for me I have for sale:D

9. auz_gsxr

Oh how long can you wait for this? If it's a K8 GSXR ECU I may have a work-around for you but I need to implement and test it

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

explain more mate, I have a 08 ecu already

11. auz_gsxr

I can flash GSXR ECUs. Now on the bigger GSXRs the ECU Editor software allows you to remove the ISC Valve and not get an error code. I am in the process of attempting to hack my ECU to think it's a GSXR1000 or a K8+ BUSA, but still have the ignition and fuelling maps from a K8 GSXR600. Once I get this happening I could then turn off the FI light for no ISC and you wont have any issues...

So I just need time to complete R&D (and test), if I can get it working post me your ECU and I'll send it back, or buy an additional flashing loom (sub $20) and I'll flash the bike when I'm home for xmas.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

13. auz_gsxr

14. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

Hey Shaun... the connector on the temp sensor is different also.
    you can either swap the sensor out for the 08 style or replace the plug on the harness with the 06 style.

let me know if you need any parts. I have a ton for sale. including a set of 08 throttle bodies with matched injectors that has never been raced on (spare) as well as wiring harness, etc.

CHEERS!!!

15. auz_gsxr

Piper, any chance you can sell me a stock clutch perch/lever with a clutch switch? I want to get launch control running off of the stock ECU :)

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Paging PIPER