1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convicted m/c theif working on your bike!

Discussion in 'General' started by AwesomeTruth, Nov 23, 2011.

1. AwesomeTruth

AwesomeTruth New Member

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"thief".

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Posted yesterday morning on the other site, and already 400+ comments there.

4. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

meh. The shop is responsible for him now.

I can't see this as a smart move on anyone's part, but at least it's compassionate?

Hope it goes well...

5. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Is he good at what he does?

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Good on them for giving him a chance. The guy'd have to be retarded to try anything with a customer bike; if one even got lost in a corner of the shop somewhere he'd probably be on his way back to jail.

7. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Part of me says "Great for giving someone who paid their debt a second chance."

The rest of me says the guy is a fucking thief, theives rarely work alone, and even if he didn't steal my bike I'd wonder if he'd be telling all his sticky fingered buddies where they could hook up with a sweet bike that he just worked on....

When it comes to something like this, my distrust far outweighs my compassion. My bikes would go elsewhere.

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Bunch of softies. If it was Ray Hymer you'd be getting out the pitchforks and torches. :Poke:

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

True dat! :beer:

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Amen. These guys should be sentenced like hackers. After you get out you can't touch the machinery you broke the law with. Fair enough, find another career buddy.

Would you want Bernie Madoff to handle your investments after he does the time? Haha, go right ahead. Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Wow. Not a decision I would make at my shop under any conditions.

Also, posting this on this board as "AwesomeTruth" was a cowardly move. I'd bet good money "AwesomeTruth" has another login on the BBS.

12. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Really???

You don't say....

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When did he ever sound like he had any remorse?

14. Dits

Something in me admired Hymer for standing up and proclaiming his innocence with both fingers flying. Most people just grovel and find religion when placed in that position then put on a BS facade of remorse when they realize there's no way out. It's usually just remorse that they were caught, too.

Although it was fun bagging on Ray, I think there was a lot more to that whole story that we never got. No inside info, just a hunch. I've dealt with a slew of thieves and most of them don't act like he did.

15. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Is it ok for you to be talking like that about others in your profession. :)

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That might be the reptilian DNA taking over. :D

17. Dits

So much hate.

Hey, Kris Wall is over there bitching about med mal attorneys.

Just wait if he ever has to deal with the likes of me. With what I do, I make those med mal guys look as innocuous as the elves who make cookies in trees. :D

18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I can't stop shaking my head...That a motorcycle shop would hire a known motorcycle thief is unbelievable (IMO)... I didn't read the entire 30+ pages but wow there are some forgiving folks out there!
    What's the saying on here "Stupid should hurt"???
    If you are dumb enough to hire a thief or take your bike to a shop that employs known thieves ... THEN... don't waste the PoPo's time when your stuff gets stolen... I think you asked for it!:Poke:

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup::beer:

Oops, I meant

:tut:

:D

20. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member