Penn State scandal and cover-up.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by charles, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charles

charles The Transporter

For a charitable donation (hahahahaha), I could go up to Happy Valley and fire up those kids who rioted and flipped over cars...they need to go over to Sandusky's place (after a few kegs and some PCP), I would tell them, with pitchforks, clubs, and big torches and do the dirty deed to restore the honor of JoePa and the Nittany Lion!!!...like that scene in the old Frankenstein film.

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Any time there are boundary issues (doctor/patient, teacher/student, coach/athlete) and it doesn't feel right.......it's not right.

3. Mars750

Mars750 Got track...

Good chance of doing so... He should be on Suicide watch ! Oh wait, hes at home with hes feet up.

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The crazy part of this is that this guy probably won't do a day in jail. The lawyers will manage some sort of plea deal since the witnesses are either distraught children or a grad assistant that changes his story.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

But he will spend many in hell :beer:

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

7. charles

charles The Transporter

After Sandusky's admissions during the phone interview, it is entirely possible that the jury might find the testimony of his victims, now young men, entirely credible and find Sandusky guilty; McQueary's situation is a bit more complex but he too could be found credible to the jury.

We should make book on this situation; there might be a line on this in Vegas.

8. charles

charles The Transporter

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love the Onion :D

10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

It was trash pick up today in my neighborhood . All my Penn State shirts and hats went out with the garbage this morning.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That seems a bit much but good on ya for following your convictions.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

We can hope so.

I wonder where the actual trial will take place? We've proven that PSU fans can't be objective and since everyone in that area is a PSU fan can they really hold a valid trial there? :Poke:

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

14. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I think the opposite. I feel that in this time it is important to support the organization in a time of need. Rather then just running away from a problem, like McQueary did, I would rather support and rebuild it to what it once stood for. A great academic institution that did, and still does do, great things for many around the world. Do not let the actions of a few destroy the hardwork and success of hundreds of thousands Penn Staters.

15. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Not running away.. Penn State will never achieve the greatness that they once stood for not in our life time . People outside of Penna. will always think of them as the school that let little boys be molested in their locker room than tried to cover it up . Sorry the actions of the few were the core of the institute.(president , Athletic director , coaches etc etc )

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  16. charles

charles The Transporter

I could have an interesting debate with you about certain aspects and situations at PSU, but for now...

McQueary...hold your horses...he now is telling people that he in fact DID stop the child sexual abuse he witnessed in the shower room before he left the building and...catch this, a bombshell! He claims he DID talk to the police about this situation and also to the "official at the university in charge of police." See The Morning Call newspaper (Lehigh Valley), Tues Nov 15th, Page One.

If true, this could be in contradiction of what he testified to in front of the Grand Jury. If true, it certainly stirs the pot of controversy and conspiracy.

17. Sacko DougK

It will never achieve that if you let the nay sayers dictate that. Many great organizations have over come adversity. That is what seperates a truely great organization from weak ones. No doubt this whole fiasco has been a defining moment in the lives of those victims, people involved, students, alumni members, and the university itself. How we recover from the mistakes previously made and rebuild will ultimately define the university and everyone that is a part of it. That is the challenge that I am prepared to accept.

18. Sacko DougK

Really? Guess I should get my nose out of my project and the WERA BBS to read the f'ing paper. :D Will be back in a few.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

A really great organization would have never let this happen. It hasn't been great since the late 90s when they started turning a blind eye to what Sandusky was doing.

And they will never fully recover from this. It's hard to achieve what they threw away in the first place and impossible to do it twice. The NCAA Div. 1 will likely never have another coach with that record and/or tenure. That was the case long before this issue hit.

That is truely sad too. Still doesn't take away from the acedemics of the university. That's not changed. It's still a top notch acedemic university.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well, that and a good English program. :Poke:

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.