1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just launched Lucky Management's new website representing 9+ AMA racers

Discussion in 'General' started by LukeLucky, Nov 2, 2011.

1. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Site looks good. Is it a wordpress or joomla site?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool website.

Got me thinking, damn near the best sponsorship package/ proposal I've ever seen was put together by a BBSer.

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I agree, it shouldn't. Personally, I could care less....but then I probably wouldn't thank my girlfriend or probably my parents either. Each his own...

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think it looks great.

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: I don't have pricing on my services for this reason. I have the packages set up for an example, but ultimately fine tune my offerings for each company & individual.

6. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Noted. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for to see what I can do to mold the website into the best possible platform to get my riders more sponsorship $.

Thanks.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The site looks good. Sponsorship 101 was taught to me as:

1. Having a professional program that offers ROI, delivers results, etc. etc.
    2. Already knowing someone with funding.
    3. Having that someone with funding be interested in motorcycles/racing.

Finding the combination of #2 and #3 is the tricky part. I was fortunate to find that combination for a couple years with a national bank, but the ecomonic down turn negated one of the key rules.

I do think having the options listed on your site as a generic, cold-calling type solution will be difficult to find results with. In my opinion, it's about building the relationships and turning those into partnerships. The generic, build-a-site method to bring in new sponsors has been very difficult in the years that I've been working with and finding new sponsors. Don't get me wrong - the web poses large benefits to sponsors when done properly, but during the offseason specifically I found my time was better spent in Kinkos and on the phone, as Lance and Kov said - working on specifics and custom-tailored ideas to incorporate brands into your team and feel a sincere part of it. Your results may vary.

It's still a difficult time to draw sponsors to our sport - even some of the top-level factory teams are struggling and finding creative ways to maintain top-tier sponsors. It's definitely an uphill battle. Good luck.

8. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

Awesome job Luke! Hope to be on that site in 2013 when I try my hand at ama super sport. With my very successful rookie year and pro riders training me at every event I'm looking forward to racing with you if I can find the financial backing... Not good with the business part of it yet. Keep it up bud and I think the rest of these guys mentioned every suggestion I would have for you.

9. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

10. LukeLucky

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did listen and dropped the pricing as to not deter any potential sponsors. The main intention of the site is to get businesses interested in motorcycle sponsorship, so I don't want to scare anyone away or misguide them.

11. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Nice website.
    I'd have questions as to 'who or what' was doing the 'managing'. That's a word thrown around a bunch in the industry and before investing any amount of money into a race program I'd want to know more about the business side of the people pitching me.

12. LukeLucky

Thank you!

Regarding the who and what with managing, I am setting this business up similar to a talent agency. I still encourage the racers to obtain and keep their own personal managament that will handle the decisions and directing of their race careers that have the racer's best interest at heart. I then represent them & their managers in my pursuit to find them sponsorship and advertising funding for their teams and race efforts. We also want to help those racers & managers ensure the success of their own careers as that is the true measure of my own success. To help facilitate this, we're having the riders' social media marketing handled by Maverick Moto Media. Lance @ MMM is going to be building their social networking appearance and training the racers to effectivey use those tools to generate a larger fan base and promote their sponsors thoroughly.

My goal with this company is to convince more businesses to invest in motorcycle racing by molding their sponsorship to their own needs rather than pitch the old sticker/$ trade as the only option. I'd like to see more businesses with booths in the vendor area, use of the riders in advertising away from the track (print, tv, personal appearance, etc). I want to find out what will make these companies 110% satisfied with their investment and make it happen.

There's a lot of hungry racers with exceptional talent that aren't competing because they just can't find funding. I'm hopin to change that and fill the grids more and more each year.

If you're interested in working with any of our racers or have more questions, please feel free to email me direct: [email protected]

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

The site looks great. Good luck to all involved. Pardon the pun.:beer:

14. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

How do you feel about LinkedIn as a reference link or something similar to highlight the business or experience side?

15. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

In seeking sponsorship you need to replace that word with Partnerships and without giving the keys of the kingdom away offer ideas that lure or hook someone into interest. Just because you have a solid rider lineup does not mean instant success or a program that will be successful. The talent is only one part of the equation. The other part is how the ROI is presented and how you are maximize your presence... And by that I mean looking at the target audience you are working with and how that relates to your partners. There is a lot of talent out there, but how they present themselves makes or breaks a relationship. For me, it's less about the rider and more about what the management can bring idea wise and how that passion can be brought into the picture. Riders are a dime a dozen. Good management and outreach is harder to come by.

For anyone thinking of having a team or doing it like Eddie or Luke there is hours of research going into proposals and being in tune with economic and social trends. I had an ad hoc advisory board assist me in my proposals, and it takes considerable time and energy and commitment to even attempt to do what Luke and Eddie and JU and all the others do. Think less about what you want and more about what partners want and you get the idea.

16. LukeLucky

That's not a bad idea at all. Especially as the business grows and we gather more partners, LinkdIn could serve as a great business resume.

I completely agree with the ending statements regarding a desire to fill the partner's needs rather than the classic "I'm gonna go fast and win races so give me money". Of course having skilled riders is key, but I think we'd both agree partners are more interested in their ROI. I've heard a few times that "sponsor" is somewhat of a turn off, but it's difficult to describe it in other words. "Partner" is probably the closest to use. I'm going to look into the possibility of changing some wording.

Thanks again guys for the feedback. All of the input will hopefully make the site the best there is.

17. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

I'd just put something on the website rather than putting a link to take me off-site. How Luke described it above sounded good.

Just something to put more meat on the bone. Right now it's got rider info (good), basis of various packages (good) and that's about it.

18. LukeLucky

I was thinking of adding the "substance" to the company on the site, but also develop a LinkdIn profile separate. That way you can get all the info you need right on the site, but f you frequently use LinkdIn and do a search, you could get the info there as well.

LinkdIn is just another tool I can utilize to help form better connections in the business community.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks good... Not too Flashy and represents the Industry and Sport very well....