1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Spectator Question

Discussion in 'General' started by JSS2016, Oct 25, 2011.

1. JSS2016

JSS2016 Member

Hi all,

It seems I'm going to be in Atlanta this weekend visiting the in-laws. I'm trying to get a few members of the family to come to Rd. Atl with me to watch some racing and wondered if anyone knew what the costs were for spectators? Just a gate fee per car? per person?

(Sorry if I should have known this, I couldn't seem to find any info on the matter..)

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone racing! Stay safe.

2. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

$15 for Sunday per person right?

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Careful, this is how I ended up racing. Used to come to Road Atlanta to watch the AMA, on one trip someone mentioned there was a lot more racing to be seen on a WERA weekend. Started coming to watch WERA and next thing you know I'm racing.

<edit> Welcome, by the way. Hope you enjoy the racing!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12 and under free.

6. JSS2016

JSS2016 Member

@kkesler: I've been to a WERA and AMA round at VIR, tons of fun!

Racing is the goal, hopefully sooner rather than later, I've already been bitten :D

@some guy #2: Thanks for the info, I don't personally care but I gotta talk a few non-race fan family members into going and cost is the first question >.<

Thanks!

/edit Ok thanks guys for the price info^^ kids free, woot! My 2yr old seems to like motorcycles thus far, shoud be cool for her to see a bunch all at once :D

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I think its cheaper if you're not a spectator right? signing in as 'crew' I think is cheaper.

And while we are on the subject, it looks like on their website, riders/crews pay no more than $30, correct?

8. Hodgson_100

Hodgson_100 Active Member

There's no Saturday only ticket for $20? That sux... may not be able to go then.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but with camping it's really hard to do a one day only ticket. You can always ask at the gate, they sometime will do it if they know they can keep track of who you are etc... but as a general rule it's impossible to set things up that way.

10. Hodgson_100

Too bad they don't use the wrist band for return entry.

Does anyone know of any local dealers or shops that are offering discounted tickets? Trying to find a way to save that extra $20 so we can go.

Oh, and good luck to all the racers!!!!!

LH

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Return entry isn't the problem - when we did do daily ticket sales people would come in and not leave. We'd have to have guards all over the place checking bands all day every day to make sure people were paying.

12. Hodgson_100

"I see" said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw...

Buncha free loadin' bastards ruinin' it for the rest of us upstandin' folks!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically yeah. Every time we've tried it things went not so well.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Next you will be playing PB for somebody, then shopping for a bike "just for track days", then gridding up.

Bring the kid(s) and come hang with us. :up:

15. JSS2016

JSS2016 Member

@ kkesler: Done the PB thing, have a bike, done track days, there's only the gridding up part left to do!:up:

For this weekend though, watching will have to suffice, and hopefully it'll give wifey and the in-laws a better understanding of how awesome racing is!

Thanks again!

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Bring them down to the paddock and meet some people because here is the secret. The racing will draw you in, the people will make you stay.

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I tell you what, buy a Saturday ticket, and WERA will throw Sunday in for free. You're going to want to come back and watch more races anyway so it's a bargain.

18. JSS2016

JSS2016 Member

@stickboy274: If this wasn't a "family trip," I'd be there both days. My wife said "let's visit my parents Oct. 29 weekend," I'm like ohh thats GNF!? sweet, sure honey! I'll be lucky to get half a day Sunday at the races, but it should be great!

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I understand that. Mine are planning on coming to hang out for the trick or treating Sat. night in the pits.

20. JSS2016

JSS2016 Member

I forgot about that, is that welcome to anyone? If so, what time is that occurring and are kids dressing up and such? Something like this might be the extra incentive I need to get wifey to want to join in with the little ones...:)