1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gaddafi

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Oct 20, 2011.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So? Does the opinion of a "significantly large group of countries" change the facts?

Which facts? Can you be more specific?

2. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

The opinion of the "significantly large group" does not change facts, and I don't believe you and I were discussing facts as much as we were discussing your characterization of NATO's and the US' actions. So continuing along the line of the characterization of the actions, the large group's support goes directly to establishing the legitimacy of the actions. Here that analysis was done and the outcome was the death of Gaddafi. By the way, we shouldn't lose sight that Gaddafi was responsible for the Lockerbie bombing that killed 178 Americans -- mostly students.

I suspect that's one of the underlying reason why the US waits for NATO to join in an action (in particular in the Middle East), not for their physical support, but for a little "cover" for the US' actions; meaning we need for other countries to evaluate the circumstances and make a determination that a leader has violated international law and adverse action should be taken against that individual or government.

Concerning the Ron Paul statment about the US' killing of al-Awlaki, he indicated that this killing was violative of the US' Constitution because there was no trial for the American. When you analyze that statement on its face, it appears to be true, until you add the facts to it. A-Awlaki was a known terrorist and claimed credit for terrorist activities against the US. The US marked this terrorist for death because of his attempts to kill Americans and his relationships and influence on several terrorist that killed Americans (Ft. Hood killer and underwear bomber). So, when you add the facts to al-Awlaki's death, it becomes apparent that this wasn't some random killing of an American abroad by the US, but the killing of a terrorist that most agree lost all rights under the Constitution that minute he became an enemy-combatant.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I suspect that's one of the underlying reason why the US waits for NATO to join in an action (in particular in the Middle East), not for their physical support, but for a little "cover" for the US' actions; meaning we need for other countries to evaluate the circumstances and make a determination that a leader has violated international law and adverse action should be taken against that individual or government.

I thought we were supposed to consult the UN for months, kinda like the evil Bush did?

5. In Your Corner

I see the US is now claiming they had nothing to do with Gawacki being killed, it was just one of those things. Couldn't be because questions are being asked about the circumstances surrounding his death while "resisting". The Great Satan awaits blame in the wings, depending on if it's seen as a good shoot or not.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I wish Ol' Jheri Curls had been kneecapped instead. It'd have been nice to see him disemboweled alive and drug through the streets behind a camel like he deserved. As for giving him a burial, why? Chop off his head and stick on a pike, let the crows and dogs feed on the rest. It was a crime against humanity that this piece of shit was allowed to live decades after he murdered our citizens.

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I highly doubt China, Russia, and Somalia want their cities turned to glass and all their citizens swept away by the cleansing winds of thermonuclear fire.

8. murf

murf Well-Known Member

Please, the USA couldn't stomach a real war, much less getting nuked by Russia and china.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The last thing he heard was "Gaddafi, Duck!"

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Tell me, what exactly is a "real" war? Are you saying that the Global War on Terror is not a "real" war?

:Pop:

11. codzilla

codzilla Well-Known Member

Doesn't China, Russia, Somalia and several other nations already consider our leader and nation a "scourge" to the planet and only the threat of a "real war" keep them from an armed overthrow and assassination in the US?

12. In Your Corner

Your jokes are as lame as mine. :bow:

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Then I'm in good company! :D

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Absolutely disagree.

Better to burn the rest of the world's oil, and leave ours in the ground. Especially considering the idtios are still taking those worthless pieces of paper for it. Then, when the rest of the world has no oil, we can use our own and no-one will have any way to come take it since they can't move their armies with no oil.

Simple.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Oops, I'm sorry I didn't respond to this before. (At least I don't think I did)

Obama himself I don't think did. His supporters have though and I have seen opinion pieces saying so. Sorry, I don't remember which ones.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

My supporter says "Bike"

19. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

dont know why we should care. We can just send President Sock Puppet on one of his bowing apology tours to fix things up.