1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with old leather.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sacko DougK, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I have a set of old leathers, 1994 old. Nothing anyone would wear for track days. Had them on EBay, no interest in them from anyone. Besides giving them to Goodwill, what can be done with them? Would a leather place buy them for scrap leather?

2. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Hang 'em up in the man cave. If you don't have a man cave then get one. Even better if they have crash damage!

3. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I had an old set that i donated to a friend that runs a race school. They had some life left, so he could use them as loaners or rentals to students.

4. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Il take them use em amd when I'm finished pass them on for free to the next poor guy trying to do some track days

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

They're in good shape, I don't think I ever crashed in them. I just do not see anyone wanting them as they do not have the protection of even a ten year old suite. I'm thinking about making a bag out of them, aka Frietag.

6. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

It was worth a try on my end

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I gave a set away for cost of shipping once on here. The back had blown out but for about $300 they could have been repaired. You can also give them away in your newspaper classifieds. A street rider may want them.

8. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Il pay shipping call me 6465334136

9. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Cut the ass out of 'em and wear them to the GNF Halloween party.

10. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

DONATE THEM! i know a bunch of canadians race in the dominican every year, and take donation equipment with them. some of these people race with very little gear, or very rashed sub-par equipment.

11. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

I don't think you realize how small DaveK is....

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Give them to Stevie Nicks in exchange for some lace.

13. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I like the "poor racer's donation" thing myself.

If you don't go that route, find someone with a Pit bull, let the dog chew on em.....

14. Oh shit, that's so funny...I'm dying here!

Go to a local seamstress and have Mladin's (insert fav hot racer) button patch sewn on and display in the man cave. 'Yeh, he gave them to me after I helped him out of the Air Fence"

15. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

Funny I just threw my first set of AGV leathers away from 1995. They were really rashed up, probably about 6 crashes on them.
    I wanted to keep them since it was my first but it was just taking up to much room and what the hell am I gonna use them for. If I had known of the donate I would of gave it to them.

16. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Give them to the guy with the dead critter in his truck. Old smelly leathers smell better than a rotting corpse.

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

leather is recyclable. Do a local search for recycling centers and give them a call. They should be able to direct you to a place that can take them.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have most of my leathers dating back to none your business. They take up a lot of space but I don't care. They make me smile.

Keep 'em and remember. :)

19. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

How about having them cut and changed into a jacket? Just an idea.

20. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

post on supermoto forums, someone would probably be happy to get cheap leathers and not trash MX gear and buy new over and over again.