Back protection

Discussion in 'General' started by MMX, Oct 3, 2011.

1. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

What type of back protection do you all use?

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Do a search, there's a whole lot of info on here about it. Knox and Dianese are popular choices, but the rule of thumb is to get the best fitting, best protective one you can afford. If you're serious about protection, budget for a chest protector as well.

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

:stupid: the search function is your friend.

4. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

Ohhh ok.. I have a icon vest from stunting.. Would this work? Lol

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

not unless you have the matching helmet hawk :D

6. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

Lol .. I just learned circles and sold my bike to come to this side and your already beating me up?! Lol
    helmet hawks are for street riders.. I was a lot rider..
    They are goofy looking though!

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh no...... You're gonna catch hell on this site without using the search function. Every question imaginable has already been answered on here.

And no, those Icon ones aren't worth a shit.

8. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

The Icon Vest will do you just fine. There is better stuff out there however...

9. Pull the trigger on a chest protector also.

Personally, I wear the Knox Gilet vest that has chest and back protection. I have worn other chest protectors but i like that one because it is 1 solid piece, all the way across, instead of 2 individual pads covering your boobies. :D

The solid piece will help prevent chest compession, rib and sternum injuries. The 2 individual pads will just keep your chest from getting hurt by flying rocks or boogers.

I also like that one because it has wide opening under the arms. I have worn some that would bind up when i tried to bring my arms across my chest (the way your inside arm goes when you are leaning off). With this one, it is like im not wearing anything.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Also look into Saf-T-Impact armor. It's custom fit, reasonably light wieght and fits well under the leathers. A little pricey but then you get what you pay for.

11. Best statement that can be made. ^

As somebody who has had a few surgeries and missed work, I can assure you that ANY money you spend on good protective gear will be much less than the money you will lose having surgery and missing 2 months of work.

There are plenty of places to skimp on shit, gear isnt one of them. It is fucking sad to see somebody on a bike with a full Ti exhaust and professionally painted bodywork...wearing some cheap ass, torn up gear.

12. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Don't forget that all that stuff has to fit comfortably inside your leathers and still allow mobility, so buy your suit AFTER you select your armor arrangement.

13. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

This got me thinking. I have the a* bionic back protector that I wear now. I also race dirty bikes so I have this from TLD

http://www.troyleedesigns.com/product.php?cat=98&id=17433

It is designed to wear against the body under jersey and built for a leatt next brace. It is all hard plastic chest, ribs, and back. This be any good to wear under the leathers also?

14. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

Forcefield T-Pro. just as good as the Forcefield hip protection. (IOM crash tested)
    I got mine from Ridersdiscount

15. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

im going to check it out! thanks!

16. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

awesome thanks!

17. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

thanks guys! Im going to need to find some gear and see about riders insurance.. also start eating from home for lunch at work for next season.. i cant really afford to be out of work.. I GUESS NO body can at these times..

18. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Hit up Brandon at ridersurance.com

19. 12

12 Well-Known Member

:up:

Broke 5 ribs last year flat track racing...So I got the custom chest protector and back protector..

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

There are a lot of good choices out there for back protection and you do get what you pay for. In terms of impact energy absorbance, I've yet to see anything proven more effective than the Forcefield Pro Sub 4 back protector. If you don't have room for that in your leathers, check out the Forcefield Pro L2 back protector as it's pretty slim yet offers better energy absorbance than other, thicker back protectors. Best of all, neither of them use foam or honeycomb cores that get crushed in a fall, so they continue to offer the same amount of impact protection hit after hit after hit. That's something other manufacturers don't like to mention in their advertising ...