1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funniest/dumbest/scariest things heard at a rider's meeting

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Oct 1, 2011.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Never really liked that either.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Don't worry, you were safe.......

that time. :Poke:

3. t11ravis

Where's the creepier than Ted Bundy smilie?

4. stickboy274

I got it, I'll show you when we watch the sun set together at the GNF

5. sowega

sowega #710

My dog just ran into the room from upstairs, wondering why I'm screaming.

6. How many years did every racer and spectator cross the track at Tally even before they put the big steel plates down. Never seemed to be a problem that I remember. What do the WERA guys say about it. Was it a big deal?

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

At the July Roebling race (immediately following Ed B’s departure from WERA) Emily came to the riders meeting and announced

“For those of you that have not heard, Ed Bargy is no longer with us”

I was tempted to shout When did he Die? How did it happen? ;)

She then clarified that he was no longer associated with WERA

8. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

The one I remember from my first time on a track here in the US in 2000, was when I arrived from New Zealand and I was track day to test a new bike at Willow Springs. They said at the riders meeting "If you run off in turn 8 just dump it, dont try and save the bike as here is a ditch and then a chain link fence a couple of hundred feet out from the edge of the track, and if you try and save it you are probably going to die..." LOL I was like WTF have I gotten myself into! :crackup:

9. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member

"All pets and children need to be on a leash at all times." :D

10. stickboy274

The dog isn't safe either

Tally wasn't a track crossing until the reconfigure to allow for the road expansion. We used to drive down their parents driveway and enter the gate in their front yard.

11. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with a riders meeting but it was scary and at Grattan.

The first time I went to grattan it had been rented by a bike shop and we showed up the night before and they lit a fire near the entrance and set up tents. That one cornerworker (name ecapes me at this time) Track entracne top of the hill. Showed up with his S-10 blazer and said, "there is some fire wood out back jump in". That crazy mother was hauling ass around the track with his lights off tires sqeeling in protest. I could not see the track and had no idea what way it went cause it was my first time at the track and this dude was just hauling the mail. When he pulled off the track I though we were going to die.

Yeah that was a bit scary.

12. Andy Bankston

Andy Bankston DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

You guys would have loved racing at Memphis Motorsports Park back in the day. Dragstrip served as the straightaway and then you exit into the parking lot for the "infield" section, complete with cones to outline turns/chicanes. I actually kinda liked it for some reason.

13. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Sounds a lot like 'Fire-Burred Main'.

14. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Gainesville, GA was the same way back in the 70’s , the last turn onto the strip was always crazy because of traction. Duane Williams ran FGPRA (Florida granprix riders association) and used to rent the track and put the races on, 3 pair of blue jeans and a leather jacket and you were ok to race! If you were a novice /first time racer there was a brief meeting with Duane to go over the “rules” then a silver duct tape X on your back and you were good to go!

15. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

It wasn't at a riders meeting but at tech, one of the tech guys cut his finger on a friends safety wire and the comment was " If you would quit finger F#####g my bike that wouldn't happen." I thought I was going to loose a lung.

16. t11ravis

A. Kowitz told me about that place. :D

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Board track? :D

18. t11ravis

I'll make sure to show him this. :crackup:

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I was stunned the first time at Pocono when we drove across the NASCAR track to get into the infield. Didn't seem to bother them. :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This was crew, on hot pit lane.