1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arizona motorsports park is reopened...

Discussion in 'General' started by DavieStone, Sep 30, 2011.

1. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

3. DavieStone

If I was making money off it...it would be spam! Its a new track that had a bright future 6 years ago. Finally I have a place to go test in Arizona that isnt a shit hole for a track.

I guess the question to you would be...have ya ever ridden these shitty tracks in Az before?

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

How hard are they with their sound limits? Seems like most race bikes wouldnt make 94db's.

5. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

I just saw that too...My bike isn't overly loud but at high RPM it starts to get up their.

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Most race bikes will be really close or over 94db's. I got tagged for 98 on an R6 at Laguna, 6th gear, 8K rpm putting up the hill out of T5. I've seen stock bikes get tagged there on intake noise.

7. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I kind of think it'll be a great place to race....

Ninja 250's.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Lighten up Francis, guess you left yous sense of humor in the other room? Go fix me some fajitas

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

About fucking time! That whole situation was ridiculous. Who came up with these noise levels, anyway? Did they just randomly throw out a number that sounded good without doing any kind of scientific research? (I already know the answer to this last one).

It's funny that they get in such an uproar about noise when they already live next to Luke AFB.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They must have tagged the bullfrogs in the pond by the firing range too, last time I was there working corners they seemed to have disappeared.

They were ungodly loud the first couple times I was there.

11. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

for those who don't know it is directly abutting an Air Force base, so the noise restriction is a little silly.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So is lying to the zoning commission to get the permits :D

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nice! That place is 10 minutes from my in-laws. I may have to go out and visit again now. :D

14. rk1951

rk1951 Well-Known Member

That is great news. What an amazing track. Shit, maybe I should leave Taiwan and move back to Phoenix. I am jealous of anyone who gets to ride or drive it.

15. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

No chance of getting my bikes past noise restrictions :(

16. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

Whats up with the strict 200 person limit on the grounds including staff. Says bring 1 guest only period lol.

17. DavieStone

cut and paste this response from AllStone....

Racer asks if his bike will pass the noise restrictions.

Jacks reply.......

I think you'll be surprised, the sound is tested at 50 ft from the track, not standing next to the bike. Sound is tested on decel into a turn, and accel out of a turn, it's not tested at WFO on the straights.

I'm sort of familiar with race bikes, and I think 99% of you will be okay. When we ran races at AMP we sound tested the bikes then using the same criteria they're using now, and only one bike ever peaked over 94db which was a vintage bike. My advice would be to go to the sound test day on the 15th and see if you pass, or turn up to our first event and you can test in the morning. If you fail sound test I'll gladly refund your money.

Lets hope he is right...

Said racer then replys...

The 330mm exhaust can measured on a 2005 GSX-R 600 with a STOCK header/catalytic converter measured 20 feet from the track, at a 45 degree angle, at 6000rpm was a consistent 103 or 104 DB.

My bike has the shorter can (260mm) with an aftermarket header (and no catalytic converter) and is also a 1000cc motor. I dunno. Smile

Jack volleys with....

20ft is way shorter than 50ft, this is also measured at a 90 degree angle, not 45, so the dwell duration of the test is way shorter... also if we test first thing in the morning the temperature is colder, therefore the air is denser, and it will dissipate the sound more.

You and I can debate it all day... the only way your going to know is to take the sound test, if you pass, then you can ride a really awesome track, if you don't pass then you lose nothing other than the time it took you to drive to the track and the 10 minutes to unload and ride a couple of laps.

Your choice Very Happy

18. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Very stoked about this. Maybe now that I have a decent track within 45 minutes of my house I can actually start riding again. (been too long) Time to dust off the bikes and get 'em ready.

Plus I like the idea of strict limited number of riders at a trackday.

19. AZFZDude

AZFZDude grid filler

Hey AZ peeps which direction does AMP run? I'm signing up for the next TD. Thx

20. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Can't wait! Firebird looked a bit sketchy. Wonder how my Jardine GP1 would do?

Unfortunately I can't make the 15th, but if you could post up some exhaust setup's / bikes that did not pass this would be helpful.