1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with honeymoon plans!

Discussion in 'General' started by Andy Bankston, Sep 9, 2011.

1. dubrdr

dubrdr Well-Known Member

Im goin on my honeymoon tomorrow to cabo. Was gonna go to caribbean but hurricane season put an end to that trip.

2. Alanjtc73n

Alanjtc73n Well-Known Member

I got married in St. Lucia.

As previously stated, some areas are pretty impoverished. Others are absolutely gorgeous. We wanted a quiet retreat for our wedding party and us and decided against Sandals. Other perk was no kids. We stayed at Ti Kaye Village. They put together a whole package for our wedding and other stuff. It was great not worrying about everything. The rooms were awesome. Ours overlooked the bluff onto the beach. It also had a great hammock to swing in and get this - a private plunge pool overlooking the bluff. The outdoor showers were also neat. The hosts were super accommodating in our requests and surprised us with a bonfire and marshmallow roast on the beach.

Just know what to expect outside of the resorts and you won't be disappointed. Or if you're into the more "local" flavor, rock out with them. The Anse-la-Raye fish fry was a great taste of the local culture.

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Go fishing.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

St Lucia, resort on Marigot Bay.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yep, the Inn on the Bay. Spent a few days there. Norm and his wife were great hosts and the Marigot Bay people are awesome. All over that place and never felt uncomfortable. :up:

All of the places on Marigot Bay seemed nice.

6. Andy Bankston

Andy Bankston DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Yeah, small world huh? No problem, the pleasure was all mine. You have an awesome wife and boy!

Thanks for the input. I didn't know much about St. Lucia outside of the resort areas. Sounds like the resorts are great though.

7. Andy Bankston

Andy Bankston DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Thanks for the input everybody. I've been busy and just now got a chance to respond but I'll look into the other places mentioned too.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I've noticed that too. So far, I've been to Hawaii four times and I'm ready to go back again. It's one of the most diverse locations of all vacation spots. The big island is still geologically active on the South end, rugged, raw and wild while the North end is beautiful mountains and contains the second largest working cattle ranch in the world, Maui is nothing but beautiful beaches and good looking women, Kauai is called the garden isle for good reason as it contains approximately 400 waterfalls,,,what's not to like? :confused:

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Gunfire, decapitations, what more can one ask for?:)

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Go to Treasure Island or St Pete Beach or Clearwater Beach Fl and never leave your room.

Fuck...

a lot...:beer:

11. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Careful... doing that on St. Pete Beach is how I made some twins.

12. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

My wife and I went to Sandals at Nassau Bahamas back in March. I really enjoyed the trip. Off the resort is poor, but nothing compared to Jamaica. We were able to catch the bus in front of the resort and take it downtown for $2. The Sandals in Nassau was very nice and had their own private island. I'm a big fan of the all-inclusive. We have been to Sandals before and have not been disappointed yet.

We were planing to go to St. Lucia, but after comparing airfare it was no contest. We got tickets to Nassau for around $200 per vs St. Lucia (at that time) was $700 per.

Edit:

Back when we went on our honeymoon, Sandals had a Hurricane guarantee, not sure if they still do.