1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today has been good!!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dyle, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Got my old VFR out today and took my first ride since the heart attack.:D WOW! It felt so good to ride even if it was just to the post office. 2 more days makes 60 days since the heart attack and by pass surgery and will be a mile stone on the not smoking. Its actually getting easier to resist each day. So I guess Im not clinging to life but actually recovering and on to a better life. See everyone soon.:beer:

2. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

:beer:
    It's all uphill form now on

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

He's real short, everything looks like a big hill from 5 foot and small change...lol.
    Good to hear you made it out for a little. Rest up, and get that workout program spelled out for this winter.....lots of time to hit the track next year with a bored and stroked ticker.......CHEATER! Protest!

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Great news Dyle! :up: Sky is the limit now.

5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

right on. what year VFR?

6. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

Hope your feeling better dyle

7. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Great news!

8. Dyle

Shes a basic Red and black 95. Its not my 91 CBR1000k Hurricane but its still a great bike. Got like 41,000 miles on it. Easy to ride, handles great, smooth power. Actually easier to ride than the Hurricane was.

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

those VFRs are great street bikes. must feel good to be riding again dyle.:beer:

past few weeks i've been commuting on dad's hurricane 1K. i "accidentally" put some VP in her on the way home the other night (don't tell him)......kid on his newer gsxr600 didn't know what hit him :wow:

10. Dyle

It felt great Kevin. Was so nice being in the wind.
    I loved my old 1k. Thing was heavy as a tank but point it in a straight line and let the big girl roll. 2Brothers full 4t1 exhaust screaming in the night air. Pearl paint job shinning dark shadows. Fox rear with an f3 front end. Made it shorter to the ground. This guy who used to help Geoff May alot when he first started racing built the motor in it for me. King KJ know him as Hippy or Chris Birkle. Thing was a beast. Alot of people would always ask what the difference between the 1k and the 1F models. I would say everything.

11. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:up:

Glad you're up and running Dyle.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Woot! Is that VFR v7 legal? :D

13. Dyle

I think so but its not set up for racing. My f3 would stomp a knot in it. The VFR is completely stock aside from the exhaust and carbs.

14. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise Well-Known Member

Dyle, So glad you are doing better! Great to hear you were out riding and things are going well!

15. Dyle

A stranger in the night....! Good to hear from you Scott. Hows that baby doing???

16. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise Well-Known Member

Doing well! He's a big boy for 4.5 months old- 19.5lbs and 27.5" long! He'll be on a bike before we know it! So glad to hear you're doing okay! I am hopefully come out to the GNF to watch so hopefully I will see you there!

17. Dyle

Im aiming for a spectator view at GNF as well. In much need of a weekend get away I just have to be patient still. Cant push it. But Im feeling more and more like myself everyday. New and improved healthier version.