WERA Classes 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by peterhaulintail469, Aug 15, 2003.

1. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

i'm trying to decide what to run next year, what is WERA doing to thier class structure for 2004? Are 750's no longer being B Superbike/stock. Are Novices going to be allowed on anything bigger than 750cc 4 cylinders?

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I think I'll sit tight for this one.....

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

For 2004, WERA will make Clubman and SuperMotard the premier classes, paying lots of contingency money, and huge payouts on the purse :D .

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I just thougt about this one Pete.
    Are you giving us a 'heads up' on some atempted cherry-picking?:Poke:

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

... you forgot about the new endurance class for mini's, and the mini's race paying lots of contingency money, and huge payouts on the purse . :D

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

That was supposed to be Mongo's BIG SECRET, and now you've told everyone :D .

Endurance class for mini's would be what, 25 minutes or 10 laps, whichever comes first?

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Why would 750s no longer be B Superbike/Stock??

8. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

I need to know!

Mongo - what will happen to the 750 classes? This plays a HUGE part in what Im riding next year also...and...the sooner I know the better so I can start shopping for a "larger displacement" race machine :D

Since I won't have to worry about Pete being expert next year maybe I'll get a new SV. ;)

9. peterhaulintail469

you guys are funny, I am going Expert for sure. I just want to know what the structure is as I may get a 600cc for my white plate. If I stay in the LWT's I am definately building it 3mm over, Cams/sprockets, and carbs. 600's are calling me big time though.

The question about Novices and 750-1000cc displacement is just cause I am nosey? There will be alot of 750's for sale because of the AMA change, I didn't know if WERA would follow suit. I just want more than 2 classes to run whatever I ride.

10. peterhaulintail469

I was messed with staying NV this year too much, time for ole haulintail to get his tail handed to him in the "big pond". Having it handed too me this year too, alot of good racing goin on in the lightweight novice ranks this year!

Buck- I may have an rc51 to ride at GNF's.......watch out:Poke:

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Hell, you don't need an RC to stay in front of me.
    Whenever Glover gets the holeshot I'm too scared shitless to pass him. :D
    That's a good point about the 750's though. We may find a shitload of 750's up for 'clearance' soon. :up:

12. peterhaulintail469

Glover wasn't the one scaring me at the CycleJam, it was those redshirt Ducati's that littered T3 on the opening/2nd lap on Saturday Regionals.

You are a trip with your comments on Glover, I hope he dishes back out on ya! Looking forward to hangin out with you guys at Nelson's again.

This is a very valid point on the 750 topic, as there will be several nice bikes being sold.....Mongo-are you out there to shed some light on this issue?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No changes anticipated, our class structure works well and includes a class for any of the AMA bikes to run. There may be minor changes but no wholesale overhaul.

14. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Couple more questions about next year...

What are the chances of using transponders next year?

Will we continue to run 6 lap races?

15. MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing By Land, Air, and Sea

Like 1000cc 2-valve air-cooled twins in ltwt twins.;)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: Couple more questions about next year...

50/50

As always the number of laps will depend on the track length and laptimes run. We run 6 at some, 8 at some and 10 at others.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm gonna change the class names for that one no matter what. The only argument people really have for why the bikes shouldn't run LWT that do is because there's no way you can consider stuff like the BMW as a LW... Well fine, I'll make sure that is a non issue next season.

18. MightyDuc Racing

Awesome! PM me what I need to know once you decide so I can start making plans for some WERA stuff next year and get it in the budget.:)

19. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

Sure consider allowing 1000cc 2 valve air cooled twins now :rolleyes: after I sell my 900SS and keep the 750SS to maybe return to LWT.

Vito

20. MightyDuc Racing

You sold a 900SS!!!??? What the Hell were you thinking??? By the way, there's a guy in Florida with a 750 that has an 802 kit or something close to that, and his is very fast and very competitive.;)