1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vir cancelled => indianapolis

Discussion in 'General' started by worldrider, Aug 7, 2011.

1. worldrider

worldrider Sophisticated Hillbilly

I did a quick search and I don't see that it was mentioned hear but . . .

In order to make if fair for Eslick and the guys racing AMA why doesn't DMG / AMA replace the VIR debacle with a weekend of racing at Indianapolis:

No risk for anyone:

Riders are safe because the track is up to snuff already for Rossi and the boys. They could practice on the track on Monday - Wednesday, or something.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway is safe because they don't have to spend money to promote the event on such short notice - people are already going to be there. Plus, its an added incentive to help them sell out the venue.

AMA/DMG can still save face by satisfying the riders cries of unfairness, they don't have to hold a race at a relatively empty venue due to such short notice, and depending on how they write up the contract, they may make some money in the deal. Plus, aren't the Harleys going to be there already.

It's not like the AMA and MotoGP guys have never run together - ie. Laguna Seca.

Man what a day that would be. (including possibly early evening or late morning).

What does the beeb say?:Pop:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The beeb says if they could have gotten someone to pay them to come to Indianapolis and race they'd have done it with or without VIR.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because Indy doesn't want them or a time issue, your guess. Indy is running the Harleys but with 125s and 250s, why waste time adding the 600s and superstocks?

4. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

not enough time to squeeze in superbike dsb and ss

5. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Which riders are crying unfairness?

6. daddio

daddio Well-Known Member

Especially since they already have 600s running in Moto2.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wow, you win a prize for catching that. :rolleyes: Want a mustache comb or an expired Arbys coupon? Catch the next one or a misspelling and you get Grand Funk Railroad coke mirror.

8. daddio

daddio Well-Known Member

No mustache and I already have the Arby's coup. I'll save-up for the Grand Funk coke mirror!!!

9. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

And the revenue for AMA sanction would come from? [sarcasm]Oh I know when someone shows up at the gate charge them an extra $30 since they are committed to being there anyway they won't mind paying a little extra. [\]

10. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Hell, the AMA/DMG might as well just shut down.. Then all the racers will come over to wera :) more racers more fun for us.