1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best tire warmers for the $$$

Discussion in 'Tech' started by renegade17, Aug 3, 2011.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Like the title says who makes the best one for the money? I dont need moto gp quality shit just need something reliable and realistic. Thanks

2. six4six

six4six professionalgreasemonkey

woodcraft anything...can't go wrong

3. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I bough lower cost some rebranded ones and will never do that again, Woodcraft all the way.

4. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

Chicken hawk or Woodcraft... I tried to go a cheaper good brand and lasted about 8 months..

5. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

I bought the STG warmers made by Suzuka (owned by CH) and love them!

6. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

pretty sure there is a thread on this topic every other week.

answers are always the same: chicken hawk, woodcraft, or (eventually) T2 warmers.

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I've an old set of Tyr Sox which came with my Mille R, were they made by Lockhart Phillips or are they their own brand so to speak?

8. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Bandit; I tried chickenhawk (pole position) and 3 new pairs in a row had faulty thermostats and would cut out when they got luke warm. I'm sure it's a good product, just not the 3 I had.

9. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Bickle tire warmers?

10. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

The new ones with the new lining might be good but I had some I bought brand new and only lasted 8 days until the cords wore through on the front warmer.. Funny thing is my dad bought some the same time I did and his front started doing the same thing about the same time as me, and we don't do that many trackdays together.. I was at Grattan, he was at barber and I called to tell him mine were wearing through and he noticed the same thing the same day.. SUCK!

11. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Woodcrafts............

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Woodcraft, Chickenhawk or Suzuka standard warmers. The less parts, the less chance of them breaking.

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Tyr Sox is a stand alone company, but LP did sell them for a bit. They still might sell them, don't know. Richard (company owner) is local to me, and he sells them direct for $175 (IIRC). Fixed temp, very basic, but very reliable. I recommend them for anyone that wants a reliable set of warmers and doesn't need the bling.

14. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

Capits have proved to be very good and reliable and can be round rather cheap

15. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I have their dual temp warmers, and have been satisfied with them so far.

16. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

No problems with my TyrSox for a few years now. Use the blankets for those cold Willow mornings for extra heat and never had a problem.

17. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

From a guy who has been down this path, take my word for it. Buy Chicken Hawks and be done with it. They'll last and when you're done you can resell them and get most of your money back.

I've been through 4 sets of "other" warmers...it's not worth it.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

not sure if easy to use velcro is considered "bling". The strings and not having an auto shutoff seem to be the biggest minus on the Tyr Sox.

19. Ripp Racing

Ripp Racing Active Member

BY FAR THE BEST WARMERS I HAVE EVER SEEN AND USED:up:

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

What makes them the best?