1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Womens MotoX @ X-Games

Discussion in 'General' started by thrak410, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

I think it's time to get rid of moto x,moto x freestyle.Moto x freestyle is nothing but a rip off of freestyle bmx with out the tricks. Endurocross is some dumb made up s@#t.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

too :D

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Fixed it.

thanks

4. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

The women's problems started well before they needed to put a foot down. Compare how many of the men came into the first log obstale with butts firmly planted on seats versus the women. Rough terrain and planted asses don't mix.

5. stickboy274

I didn't look at that. I was distracted by the one that hit the barrel before they got to the actual course.

6. chuckbear

There's a whole lot of fail going on. The girl sprawling into the water at the end... :crackup:

I don't want to rag on the girls too hard, but there's a huge gap between the girls and guys for sure.

7. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

I would like to know how many posting on this have actually ridden an Enduro race, or an MX/Woods bike for that matter? Those guys made that course look much easier than it was. Wet logs are quite possibly the hardest thing to conquer in the woods.

The men and women all had trouble with that start and first log. Going sideways at a giant wet log = ass on the ground!

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

that reminded me of the gap in the wnba and nba

9. stickboy274

I agree. That's the point I wanted to make. It wasn't a lack of talent that did both groups in. that course was way over the top with hazards.

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I thought the comments on the youtube page were pretty funny

"the f@ck kind of kitchen is this?" :crackup:

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Who do you look more like when you hit the court?

12. chuckbear

I'm not trying to take away from the chicks getting out there and giving it a go. I raced and rode dirty bikes as a kid/teen in SoFLa and I'd get rocked on that course too. The gap was just staggering and many of the dudes made it look easy to me...

I didn't see a single dude have an issue with that first log. :Poke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-PXiwpN-k&feature=relmfu

13. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

You must not have watched the qualifiers.. guys were getting killed by that log/start.

Listen to the announcer.. he even says "Wow everyone makes it over that first log. First time we have seen that tonight!"

Huge gap for sure. But I give anyone props for riding that course

14. chuckbear

Nah, these highlights vids are all I'm going off of. :D

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

A wnba player I guess but I'm terrible at basketball.

16. Marc Camp

I raced motocross for 20yrs off and on as a flunkie expert.I can jump logs an shit so what.:pMaybe i should race with the rest of the washed up experts in endurocross also.It's silly.And so is moto x freestyle.

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I never would have thought to call Taddy, Aaron, and Knight "washed up experts". Man, quite the opinion you've got there. :Poke: Your the only dirt guy I've seen who has taken this kind of view of endurocross. I'm a little stunned.

18. Marc Camp

It's about as entertaining as watching paint dry.I'm stunned anyone watches it.I'm stunned it's in the X games.I've never heard of the guys you talking about.I just figured top notch riders would never waste there time with such things.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you don't look beyond MX and SX then. Here's some sites to check out.
    Taddy Blazusiak - http://blazusiak.com/

David Knight - http://www.knighter.net/

Geoff Aaron - doesn't have a website it seems. Here's some highlights;
    AMA Indoor National Champion 2003
    10-time AMA/NATC U.S National Trials Champions
    14-time USA Trial Des Nations team member
    2000 AMA Amateur Athlete of the Year
    North American Motorcycle Union (NAMU) Trials Champion 00&04
    6-time El Trial De Espana winner
    6-time New England Trials Champion 69 career National wins

But hey, I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid. It's just kinda weird for a guy with dirt background.

20. I have raced MX, Enduro and Hare Scrambles and trained on a Trials bike. I have ridden in Colorado for 7 days in a row at 125 miles per with Malcolm Smith on rocks, chirt, single trail, snow and trees AND I STILL WOULDN'T DO ENDUROCROSS.
    But I will watch it and the display of mad skilz.

Unless I was young, dumb and full of c...well, you get the idea. :D

Alot of the top riders love the idea of EnduroCross and if their contracts allow it, will ride.