1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR auto tune o2 sensor issue

Discussion in 'Tech' started by speedracer170, Jul 13, 2011.

1. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

So I picked up a PCV and autotune for my 09 GSXR 600 and ran into a issue with the auto tune o2 sensor being to big to fit the stock bung. Is there a different o2 sensor that I can buy to fit the stock bung that will work with the auto tune system?

Thanks,
    Cody

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

nope, cut it out and put in a bigger one. That's what I did

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

bring the pipe to a welder and have the bung welded in. Way cheaper than an O2 sensor

4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^Get it welded. You can buy the bung cheap on Amazon and a welding shop can do it for not a lot of money.

You can also buy the O2 sensor cheaper than the PCV or Bazzaz replacements by searching online.

5. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

Any speed shop should have a stainless 18mm bun for about 20 bucks. Make sure you get a stainless steel bun and have it welded by someone who know what they are doing.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Is the threaded fitting the wrong size or is the hole in the tubing not drilled large enough? Some aftermarket pipes have the correct bung but do not have the opening drilled large enough for a wideband sensor.

Ti pipe? Stainless? What brand?

7. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

Its a chopped 09 header with an 06-07 Akro shorty, I think I decided to just make a trip to get it tuned.

Thanks