1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head shake out of a draft

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 7, 2011.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

so the drafting thread got me thinking about a problem i sometimes experience, head shake when pulling out of a draft. usually the worst is doing so through a fast/full speed kink when the bike is slightly leaned over. what can be done to minimize this? feeling like you're about to start a massive tank slapper coming out of T9 at Road A is not a pleasant feeling :eek:

No, its not head bearings or a loose damper.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You aren't on here asking a question about racing, are you?

:crackup:

3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

A low pressure zone can form just either side of the airbox if not attached to the carbs. When combined with the turbulent air flowing past the bike.... BOOM. The Perfect Storm, lucky you're alive really.

4. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

:crackup:

5. redtailracing

3 posts in and not a single useful answer. i wouldnt expect anything less from the wera board. you fuckers do make me laugh though :crackup:

how did lever shed the "green rookie" stigma? i'm gonna have to change my handle or something :D

6. redtailracing

careful there, hot shot. didnt i chase you down from the novice pack and beat you at jennings? :Poke: that just might be a little embarrassing if everyone knew that the mechanically retarded novice you're making fun of actually chased you down and beat you at a track he'd never even been to. :D

7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:crackup: Zing! You were most definitely behind me but it wouldn't bother me one bit if you were in front at the finish. Finishing order doesn't quite rank up there on the priority list with me like it did 10 years ago. I'm here for the party. :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::bow:

9. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Howard, you are talking about draft?

Stick with bottled imports and you will be much better off.

10. redtailracing

NTTAWWT :D the party is most definitely half the fun!

11. redtailracing

bottled domestic is actually my preference. Yuengling, FTW! :beer: funny because at Road Atlanta, i was giving all my friends shit for being cheap asses and drinking yuengling out of a can. bottles are so much better.

12. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Im thinking you are in the draft (no wind on bodywork), and then come out of draft and introduce a blast of wind onto front end that gives slight lift, light front wheel, head shake.

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i swear. you modern guys and your slick shiny fairings and disc brakes and fuel injection and big fat sticky tires and working suspensions. it must suck to be you guys. :D

14. redtailracing

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY, take it easy buddy! take it easy. i got carburetors too. :D

15. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

...and your carburetors (that aren't 40 years old)...

:D

16. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Well, If you got carbs that explains a lot to me anyway. Add and bigger spring the the rear chock :D

17. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

what were your carbs doing in 1986?

18. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

And can they corner low? :D

As to the OP, stay in the draft= No head shake. Why move? :crackup::crackup:

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Neck exorcises might help you with your head shake. Or one of those fancy helmets with the wings and such on them. Or maybe just don't draft people.

20. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

This worked for me at Daytona, try moving forward on the bike....get your head into the bubble...the weight up front solved our head shake issues on the banking....might help.