Interesting NESBA thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by bodell, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhhhhhhh...... Nevermind then :D

2. tommymac

tommymac Well-Known Member

it was a TPM event and the story was posted on the nesba board

3. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

under new jersey law, all race tracks are subject to the jurisdiction of the Department of Law, which includes the NJSP, who enforce the statutes and regulations applicable to race tracks both on and off the track. In practice, it means that the State Police are around to control off-the-track behaviour.

see NJSA 5:7-14, and NJAC 13:62-1.1 et. seq.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  4. tommymac

tommymac Well-Known Member

Thats the real question, I am sure they have lawyers looking into this now if they havent already as a just in case this sort of thing happens.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

As mentioned earlier it's actually under NJSP jurisdiction, and police in NJ can issue for careless (and also DUI) on private property.

6. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Unless that car can drive sideways, theres stop signs or redlights in paddock.. then its clearly the riders fault.

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Didn't everybody involved sign a release when they entered the property? I bet that's the first question the lawyers asked.

In all likelihood, both drivers' insurance companies (assuming the bike rider had any coverage on a track bike) will try to back away because it happened at a racing facility. they have specific wording in the policy fot that on most 2011 coverage. The insurers are getting smarter.

8. On that note, Foremost insurance doesn't exclude track days (they have a special ad stating that in a magazine i just read). They said that they see track days as a means of improving as a rider and their insurance extends to track days also.

*Disclaimer - That isn't SPAM. I neither work for nor am insured by Foremost. I actually have State Farm, I just think that is pretty cool. When some insurance agencies are making rules/clauses so they don't have to cover track incidents, Foremost runs an ad advocating track days.

9. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Dude, this is America. Nobody is responsible for his own negligence. You didn't get the memo?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I really don't see how the org is relevant (unless we're talking about parties being sued).

1 rider's actions; whether he's a coach or not, do not accurately reflect the org as a whole. Is there any history of TPM coaches t-boning cars in the paddock? I doubt this incident is going to spark a rash of TPM coaches t-boning cars either. If anything, one would hope it makes everyone involved more careful.

Every trackday and racing org I've encountered is 98% stand-up guys (who corner low), and 2% idiots. Even the stand-up guys do dumb things every so often.

11. FF750

FF750 Member

HOw could this be nesba he says it wasn't in the first thread.

Not sure if this was posted somewhere, but last weekend I rode with another club (I know I suck ) and saw the most ridiculous accident I've ever seen. A rider comes out of the pit in gate and is doin close to 30 mph. A mercedes is rolling perpendicular to the rider, heading toward the exit and they come together at the intersection.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've never read it in it's entirety (yeah I know), but yes you have to sign a waive form before entering the facility which I assume at least absolves the facility of any responsibility. The individual party's ins is another story.

13. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

If NJ state traffic laws are observed there, how are unregistered, unlicensed, and frequently uninsured motorcycles allowed to run Willy nilly about the paddock?

If there are no stop signs/lights how is right of way determined?

Serious questions, only 15% smart ass (this time), judging by car damage, rider was too fast for conditions. If he'd hit my kid at that speed ......... insert random internet threat :p

14. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I think I saw J-Woww in that video!

15. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

FWIW, the speed limit in the paddock at NJMP is 5mp. That damage to the Benz is not from 5mph.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

and even if you're doing 15-20 mph, you can pretty much stop within 10 feet or so if something or someone jumps out in front of you...

17. Ticket me

Ticket me Well-Known Member

im not trying to defend the bike but the guy could have freaked when he saw the car and grabbed a hand-full of gas

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Riders fault.

19. Wasn't it a woman riding the bike?

If so, she has to be at fault by default because she wasn't in the kitchen.

:D

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Woman driving the Mercedes had crashed earlier in the day, I believe.