1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No mufflers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jun 28, 2011.

1. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Doesn't Jennings already have trouble with the neighbors as it is?

And why would you want to mess up your tune by taking the muffler off?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's at Homestead only, not Jennings. As for why - it's a Henry thing.

3. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

and Palm Beach :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought he quit racing Moroso after the "improvements".

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. and Daytona..
    It does sound cool as fuck for the one race! But all day during practice, especially at Homestead in the garages, it is a bit rediculous. For racers that endure the noise week in/week out it wears on you a bit, but the spectators seem to really like it. Ok, "what spectators" you may say?? Well, this is the reason he has behind making it a SHOW as much like a MotoGP environ as we can do at a club race.. Best riders we got, on any bike you can ride, making a fuck-load of noise. Ever been to an NHRA drag race? Are those thing bad ass or what! It wouldn't be near the show if they didn't shake the earth..

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's been doing it for a while, how much higher is the gate now?

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Shouldn't the question be, How Much Less Small Is The Gate Now?

8. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I could honestly do without the "no muffler" thing. It is kinda cool....and does seperate those bikes from all the others.... I like riding with a muffler.

The Shootout in general though, kicks ass.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point :D

10. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Now I understand why you use that quote in your posts. Until this thread I had not put 2+2 together and figured out who you were.

Congrats on another great weekend!

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. yea, Sean D. is known as "EL-Cable" down here, a title bestowed upon him by Senior Villa.

12. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Thank you sir! I've had many great battles with Villa....tough dude. We heard rumors of Ulrich and Cardenas at the ROC at Homestead. I was bummed when they didn't materialize.

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I spent a lot of time at Moroso while growing up, the Shootout was always awesome to watch. However, the coolest thing I've ever seen there was this:

[​IMG]

From http://www.theriderfiles.com/?p=3383

F-USA at Moroso when I was 12. 500 two strokes against those GSXR monsters. Pure badassedness! Shit deserves its own word.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was a fun weekend for sure.

15. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

As far as looks go..... LOVE the side air intakes!! :bow:

16. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Creative with the no-muffler thing. Maybe not SUCH a terrible idea as it initially sounds since it's only for one race.. that would make it a pretty good separation from the "rest" of the races. Add a bit of show to separate it.

17. Scuba Steve

for a few rounds until they got airfence up. tried a few races on saturday nights but went back to original format

18. Scuba Steve

2 of the coolest guys in the paddock down here.

Saw Villa was racing with a broken hand this weekend. That dude is one tough crazy mexican! :crackup:

19. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

:crackup: IM NOT MEXICANNNNNNNNNNNNN , I'm half Cuban Half Irish....

Thanks guys, and yes just a fracture on the wrist Ill be ready for many battles :Poke:

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

He seems to do decent with the spectator gate. Henry is definitely promoting the hell out of his series down at Homestead. He personally runs around town posting flyers. I see the flyers at just about every restaurant I go to. He is all over the place during the racing.
    December and February are cool, I come down for those dates with the Penguin School. We bring a few of the locals down with us for a much needed winter break and usually the Canadians and the Bermudians show up, too.
    Henry awards these big ass trophies for first place. He gets a little chagrined when the Yankees take them back north. Unfortunately, Sean, Stefano and Santiago have made that a bit more difficult as of late.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011