1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thefts at Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by studio819, Jun 24, 2011.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

If that is in fact the truck, that's a huge break, and his day will come, shortly.

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i doubt wallets are in those saddle bags.

cree-py

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I'm honestly not sure how they're attaching the shot of that truck at the track to the thief.

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Thats what I was thinking as well... a GMC lowered. Based on the bed I think its a full size, but who knows.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, if that truck was spotted at RA, and then Publix with corresponding time frames, then yeah. But I haven't seen anything posted. I'm sure the police have a better grasp on it than we do.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. Looks like full size GM, long bed, crew cab and lowered.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I'll be in touch with them later today and will be getting as much information as possible.

8. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

The detective has video of the truck from walmart and target parking lots due to previous thefts and the ongoing investigation. They know its a dark colored 4 door or extended cab pickup. That's why they picked out that truck coming through the gate Friday morning at 7am.... after the fact though!

The security has a ton of info and pictures on the guy. But they posted the crappy ones and no one seemed to pay much attention or warn anyone about it. That's doing nothing in my book. There is quite a bit they could have done. Provided participants with photos, info, warnings, etc. Notice that the pattern is he hits the first day/Friday morning. Do I really need to explain how the security did nothing since it's been going on for 3 years, they have descent info and still do nothing nor warn anyone of anything. Hell, when you talk to them they blame Hall County yet they haven't looked at or provided the video of the gate from Friday morning to Hall county yet... All parts of this are failing...

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

'94-ish Dodge Dakota?

[​IMG]

10. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

gap, that looks pretty close to the guy I saw but I don't think it was quite as boxy on the lines.

11. nikk777

This is what I was thinking... black, dark blue, or dark green

12. punkadilly

it was black

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

With all the new info, I'm really getting anxious for the GNF now. I just hope some one doesn't screw up his apprehension by not beating the holy shit out of him first before he's turned over to the police.

Someone should rig up some sort of bait trailer equipped with some sort of halon or carbon dioxide security system so the fool's lying unconscious in the floor peacefully sleeping when the owner gets back.

God I hope this ass gets popped.

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

1997 Dodge Dakota

[​IMG]

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And we'll take care of their failures at the GNF. My point is one person at the gate isn't going to do more than has already been done. There are a lot of other things that can and will be done.

16. nikk777

I know which is why I suggested in an earlier post that the security guy be there with the gate guy and scan drivers license of all passengers and take down tag #'s. When the guy freaks and runs, lock it down. Or if he doesn't, follow and catch him in the act, beat and dismember him. I'll take the rap for it all.

17. punkadilly

that's much closer . . . its very unfortunate I never saw the grill, I just saw the sides/rear shot :(

18. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Looks like a mid-90's extra cab, long bed, plain jane 2WD Toyota Tacoma. Look at the front bumper, there's a dark area below it.

[​IMG]

19. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Sucks this has been going on for years. A thread pops up about increased security, "we will make sure this doesnt happen" etc etc. But it continues, years down the road. No warnings to racers before the event, no extra security and the thefts continue.

Is something ACTUALLY going to get done this time or are the armchair security forces going to fizzle out like in the past?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not feasible in reality sorry. Much as I wish we could, that would lose us more customers than the thief would. Look at how much people bitch now about waiting in lines.