1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thefts at Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by studio819, Jun 24, 2011.

1. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Hearing about some trailer walk ins and thefts at Road Atlanta. Anyone notice anyone walking around? Ballsy walking into someone's trailer and lifting a wallet

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Heard the same thing.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Nothing new. It's been going on for years.
    I had a set of bodywork and some tires stolen from my trailer
    during an endurance race a few years ago.

4. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Just read it on the facetubes. :down: I'm coming up tomorrow, with eyes wide open! There's got to be someone that seen them.

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Secure ur shit.
    RA is bad with thieving spectators.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Was there for the GNF and locked everything up. But I have to say, our pit neighbors were very cool with watching our stuff as we were with theirs.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I had to do a double take to be sure this didn't happen at NJMP.

8. studio819

Crap way for those guys to start a race weekend. I hope they track them down, $400 was used almost immediately on one of the credit cards

9. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Had a set of brand new tires stolen from me at the GNF few years ago. Lock your shit up, even for a few minutes.

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Keep your three foot screwdrivers handy.

11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

4 footers at Road Atlanta...

12. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Man just once

I'd love to hear of onea these bastards getting caught red handed.
    There is a perfect place to do an old, and I mean really Olde School Trial by Water down one level below the skidpad. It's a damed up section of the creek, deep enough to have the crook held underwater for a "reasonable" amount of time. Vigillante waterboarding? Hell yeah!

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, this was stolen at RRR. Saw a tall guy, dark beard, white clothing, milling around my pit a while before.

[​IMG]

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, same scum as usual I'm sure. Happens damn near every event here and it sucks ass. I just don't have a good way to stop it and as long as people don't truly secure their stuff the thieves will keep coming.

15. studio819

Agreed. I've heard of this happening at Vegas too. It affects the racers and myself as well. Who the hell can afford photos after cash and credit cards are stolen much less buy tires or fuel.

Someone ought to set up a honeypot some time with a way to trace it

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

its happened at pretty much every track Ive been to

17. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

never heard of up here, you can leave the keys in your truck your race bike in the pan and go out for supper with someone else, and nothing will be touched.

i hate thieves. when caught they should be shot!!!

18. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I wonder if it's you then. :D

19. the muffin man

the muffin man certified hymen inspector

ya'll should ban together, and agree to post signs up all over the paddock: THIEVES WILL BE BEATEN ON SITE!!!

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was thinking drawn and quartered. But then again, I am in a good mood today.