MotoGP | Assen, Netherlands June 25, 2011 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Game

Game zip tie master

2. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

:D

3. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Actually, Mike Webb knows. Read the article on Motomatters about it. Webb says that Ducati even opened the engines for him to show they were not 800cc engines being tested by Rossi and Hayden.

4. Demented

Wow. Just read that even with the problems everyone was having with getting heat into the tires, they couldn't get a unanimous vote to allow Bridgestone to bring softer tires for everyone to use tomorrow.

Me thinks someone at Yamaha got scared of people having better tires and hopes all of the Ducati's and Honda's crash out...and Ben, Colin, and Cal are not little bitches like that.

5. Garyb425

Garyb425 Well-Known Member

Why would Simoncelli and Spies vote yes? They are fastest and consistently so, at least to some degree.

It may all be moot - there is a threat of rain.

6. Demented

Why would Sic vote yes? Probably because he doesn't want to crash out on a cold tire again. As for Ben, why would he vote no? He seems to be the sort of guy who'd rather have a safer tire than a tire that will keep the same grip from start to finish but not be able to get heat into it, especially since it might be a flag to flag race tomorrow.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

You my friend are the master of assumption....

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He knows everything there is to know, he reads Motomatters. You better recognize. :D

9. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

I've read an interview with Crutchlow about the tires, and it sounded like everyone was pretty much using the same tires, but some people were low on the preferred rear and won't have a new one for the warmup or in case the race is red flagged. I'd guess there's a team that didn't use as many soft rear tires yet, and wants to keep their advantage.

10. Demented

And what am I assuming that is incorrect of me to do so?

11. I agree that Abraham has been very impressive. I expected him to be battling not to be last every race.

12. Chip

Chip Registered

This part....

Unless you have talked to Marco, Spies, or somebody in thier camp who would be willing to share strategy so you can post it on the beeb.....then you are making an assumption as what they would do and why.

Tip: Beware of what race teams and riders say in public. There is typically a discussion in private to decide what is the most advantageous impact of what they say in public. This is part of the game....it ain't gospel, it ain't facts, and 90% of the time it is said or done for a reason.

13. Demented

From what I saw, seemed like everyone was running the softer rears too. It was Bridgestone that did suggest bringing softer tires over to have for warm-up and the race tomorrow since it was everyone who had problems getting heat into the rears.

Personally, I think it was Lorenzo who spoke up against the softer tires. Seeing how much trouble the Repsol boys had with them, can't quite blame him. He's been off the pace by about a second all weekend, and if the guys in front of him have DNF's from cold tires, it plays into his hand to get the lead back. Though others seem to think it's Stoner who spoke out against them; maybe he's crazier with cold tires than we all thought.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Goooo Ben Speez!!! And Stoner....:D

15. Demented

So, it's alright for you or anyone else to say your opinion of something, but not for me to do that? :Poke:

16. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

stoner for the win!!! :up:

aussie aussue aussie, oi oi oi!! :Poke:

top 5: stoner, spies, sic, edwards, dovi
    rossi:....9th he's over the hill imo. :D

:beer:

17. Chip

Chip Registered

Correct...

18. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

:crackup:

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup::bow:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Has something to do with the engine schedule, Nicky has used more than Rossi already.