1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragging helmet.....

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 15, 2011.

1. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

I don't know if it makes it easier or harder for the fact that the turn he does it in is pretty heavily banked.

2. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

Didn't he win the #1 plate on an SV650 by entering every race he could to get the most points overall?

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Yup. A rule that the local race org changed. :up:

4. Ticket me

Ticket me Well-Known Member

I watch that and the first that that comes to mind is "You never go full retard" but I cant say that I have ever seen it done before so he gets point for that

5. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

:crackup::crackup:

6. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

Fair enough, how did he go the following year when he stepped up to a bike in a class with more than 2 people? :D

7. H8R

If memory serves...he won a couple of races, he crashed a bunch, and he and I had a yelling match in the pits after a crash between him and one of my racers. I was wrong about who was at fault in the end, and I apologized. I think he then had another crash and his bike looked like it had been thrown out of an airplane. His season pretty much ended there.

8. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

I was curious and looked up the data from 2009. And, the data does not support your statement...

For the 8 rounds, Dustin entered an average of 4 races per round (min of 3 races and max of 5 races). All races entered for the entire year were valid SV650 races (ULW SB, LW SS, Thunderbike, LW SBK and LW GP) with exception of April when he entered Expert Unlimited SS.

In 2009, Dustin raced 32 races and won 23 races. Taking 8 second places and then 1 9th place. With that being said, your statement is not valid based upon his race results.

http://www.roadracesw.com/results/2009/resultsByRider.php?new_num=100113

Yes, the rulebook did change...

2009 Rulebook: Section 5 – CCS/SW Overall points

5.1 Southwest Region classes that contribute to overall points include: all Supersport classes, all Superbike classes and all GP classes (excluding 125 GP).

5.2 Each rider will have their highest three (3) class points totals added into the overall points calculation, regardless of how many classes were entered.

2010 Rulebook: Section 5 – CCS/SW Overall points

5.1 Southwest Region classes that contribute to overall points include: all Supersport classes, all Superbike classes and all GP classes.

5.2 The number 1 plate will be awarded to the rider who has the highest points total in the Unlimted GP class.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  9. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

ive done it the manly way!

Highsiding my ZX7RR's twice..once hit on the freeway by a car(their fault) my buddy behind me hit my helmet with his footpeg as i was rolling down I-5 (you can see the indentation from it even!) and once in t4 @PIR on a COLD 205/16.5" slick...anyone can bend/lean their head over it takes REAL skill to rocket yourself in the air 10 feet and slide on your head :up:

you guys take shit too serious, i found it entertaining...like a Will Farrell movie..dumb, you'd never do that but still fun to watch.

10. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

LMAO :crackup: I guess Gianni needs to teach you what sarcasm is all about :D

11. H8R

I stopped trying to teach engineers about sarcasm a long time ago. :D

12. rk1951

rk1951 Well-Known Member

Dope, I love it!! fucking haters, all you do it hate!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We especially hate people who still say "dope"....

:crackup:

14. H8R

word!

15. Actually its back in style now.

Does that mean Im officially old now when things that I said as a kid are back in style?:D

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

:D

dope.

dope.

even typing it looks dumb.

dope.

i hate that guy. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone using it is still uncool :D

Yes you are old. You've been old for a while too.

18. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

Ya ya... I get the sarcasm. But, thats the same opinion of those who changed the rulebook - which is now inconsistent from all racing org's that I was able to research.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, this racing org doesn't do an overall championship of any sort since it doesn't accurately prove/show anything about a riders ability.

20. H8R

I was worried about you buddy!