Jensen, Acree, Batey... All retired or what?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannonball39, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

Where are they now? These are the guys I remember having late braking duels going 5 and 6 wide after WOT on RA's back straight (along with T. Knapp and Corey West at the WERA Cycle Jam back in July 2007).

What about ex-KWS rider Ben Thompson?

2. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Batey retired after the AMA SB Crash at Road Atlanta last year I thought.

Jensen, Acree.. the days of making money racing are over. I was under the impression thats how those guys continued to race, contingency and Suzuki/Yamaha money.

Ben thompson seems to have lost the drive after his half season on the aprillia.

3. MRARacer

MRARacer Well-Known Member

If you talking Scott Jensen. He opened his own shop in Loveland Colorado about 4 months ago, and has been helping a lot of people in the MRA this year

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Robert Jensen is working for Spiegler.
    I talked with him a month ago, said he was not having fun racing any longer.
    Low payouts might have something to do with it also.

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

All those guys were amazing to watch! Even more amazing to get passed by Batey down the straight at Summit during the endurance races! :beer:

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine used to make his living roadracing. He explained that when getting paid and having money to feed your family depends on you winning, racing can easily lose its fun..

Totally understandable

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

:clap::clap:I loved being on the bike, coming out of T10 and "thinking" I'm going fast only to have Batey go by me on one wheel like he was out for a Sunday drive!:bow::bow:

8. Cannonball39

I tried to look up the results (with no luck), but in 2008/2009, how did Knapp, Westby, and West do in comparison when gridded against Jensen and Acree?

9. Cannonball39

Oh, and whatever happened to Chad Lewin, Rob Wilkey, and Seth Starnes?

I remember when Starnes, Wilkey and Lloyd Bayley were novices in 2006 and they used to run DEEP into the experts during combined races! I know Bayley is still competing in club stuff but haven't seen much of the others......

10. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I talked to Lee at Roebling earlier this month. He's working with Schwantz teaching with the school. More importantly, he's giving Brad Coleman some class!:Poke:

11. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Acree passed me at the Tally endurance round last month like I was on a moped. :eek:

12. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I think Chad got hurt one time too many. As far as I know Rob could not find financial backing, so he had to stop.

14. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

Ben Thompson runs (owns?) a hardwood flooring distribution place out of texas i think

15. Skits

Skits Well-Known Member

Acree was just in RRW last month...

16. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Last time I talked to Seth Starnes, he was in the process of opening his own shop.

Lewin was on here a few months ago looking for a ride. He wanted to race but didnt have the funds to do so.

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

You were on a moped :)

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yeah, I figured one of the LWT guys would take a swing at that one. :D

19. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Should have know I couldnt pass it up. :D