1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As seen at Deals Gap

Discussion in 'General' started by bodell, Jun 17, 2011.

1. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

Be on the lookout!

Black 2010 Ninja 250
    Black Leathers
    Black Helmet
    Black Boots
    Black Gloves
    Black Visor
    Known as analclensus calamarius maximus or more commonly the "Douche Squid"

More details may follow.

That is all.

Attached Files:

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

umm.

cool story.

bro.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Can't be too squidish with leathers on a 250 lol

4. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Darth Vader lives...:D

5. bodell

Going to need another set of sliders ASAP before these worn out ones cause him cross center!

[​IMG]

6. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

7. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I thought a sport bike was fun on that road till I rode my DRZ400sm down it. :beer:

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I just might be up there Sunday..

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

woot woot

10. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I could understand a thread about a newb that bought a new Gsx-R 1000 and rode to Deals Gap in shorts and flip flops, but this I dont understand. People would be bitching because he didnt have proper gear or was on a way bigger bike than he should have. Instead, we've got a grown man on the least aggressive sportbike made wearing full gear head to toe. :confused:

Somebody should tell him good job for exercising some clear judgement and not letting one of his dumbass friends talk him into buying a 1000 or out of wearing leathers because he's on a 250.

11. bodell

It is not about gear, it is about intent. This is a continuation of a thread where this guy was looking for tips on how to get a knee down so he could get a good gap photo. Naturally, several tried to persuade him to come to a track to learn how, but ended up getting the "hypocrite speech". He followed up days later with his gap photos and a ton of squidly knowledge. I just thought you guys would appreciate the DoucheSquid logo. I admit, there was alcohol and boredom involved with my posting. I apologize for the tangent. Please continue beebing.

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:stupid:

Come on Bodell... leave him alone. He appears to be doing it properly.

13. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Y'all are having your little squid spat and you've overlooked the obvious...Look what is behind the man in black...That's right, another man in black. Out of focus but sure as shit, "Hello, my name is Johnny Cash..."

There's legions of them...

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

HA!....thats the first thing I noticed Chum!

The big picture loaded on screen kinda funny, and actually, thats the only bike I saw....I went wait a minute...oh, theres the 250....but wait, wha...???

It would be cool if the "proper 250" beat the times of the (any) guy on the 1K with flipflops....not advocating anything, just saying THAT would be funny....can you see the squid pack all stompin and huffing around, as the man in black rolls by and waives?

Road Atl Chum and Big O.....I'm running friday too. :)

15. Chumbucket

The "O" Grande has managed to go and contract one King Kong ass-stomping case of Lymes disease that they are tending too now...I suspect he will be servicable by then, or, put it this way, I hope and pray he is servicable by then because I don't like the alternatives...They are supposed to do some follow up testing after they bombard him with oral antibiotics...I'm up for either RA or blowing the dust off the SV and just going to the Summit National up here, I'm just easy like Sunday morning...

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Um, why is the 250 rider a douche? 'cause of the color of his gear (in which case you're an elitist fashion fag) or the choice of riding a 250 (in which case you're an elitist displacement fag)?

A squid would be out in flip flops geared up to catch some rays not geared up in case of a crash.

17. Chumbucket

Looks like somebody took a belt sander to the little feller's helmet...

18. bodell

See post #11

19. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

Maybe he drags his helmet also.:beer:

20. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

So anyone who rides somewhat aggressively on the street is a douche squid, sign me up and diaf. We all started on the street for the most part. Take it to the track after you get to the point that you're fast enough to be a danger to yourself or others. Feel free to take it to the track immediately but it's really more practical to get some basic skills on the street especially if you have good roads like that available.

This may not be that popular an opinion but I really don't think you need to show up at the track while still refining the ability to shift, brake, and choose reasonable lines simultaneously.