Casey Stoner is...

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Jun 6, 2011.

1. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

What has Nicky done with the bike? Nothing...

2. FD3SA

FD3SA Member

According to some of you folks, Ayrton Senna was a whiny, buck toothed shitty driver who had no talent because he didn't win 7 World Championships.

Sorry to break it to you folks, but talent does not equal results. The world is more complicated than that. Senna picked the wrong team because he followed his gut, and paid the price with this career and his life. Michael Schumacher, the most successful F1 champion of all time a.k.a the GOAT, said himself that Ayrton was the most talented driver in the history of F1 (Watch the Top Gear episode). Remember, Schumacher raced against and BEAT Senna, yet he still admitted he was less talented.

Stoner's story is eerily similar to Senna, in that they are both extremely talented but have made terrible team decisions. No one has been able to ride the Ducati anywhere near stoner's level. It has ruined more careers than all the other teams combined. After Melandri failed on the Duc, Ducati specifically went for Nicky because they assessed his riding style as the most compatible to their bike (use of heavy rear braking to compensate for lack of feel on the front under brakes).

Having known all this, Jeremy Burgess and Valentino made very cheeky comments about how Stoner was untalented and his team was a bunch of retards who couldn't set up the bike. Unfortunately for Vale and JB, the reality is different. Valentino is no more capable of riding the Ducati than Melandri, and JB is no more capable of "fixing" the Duc than Stoner's engineers, as the results have shown. This is not due to Valentino being untalented or JB being stupid; it is simply a result of the Ducati requiring a radically different riding style than the other bikes in the paddock.

The reason Stoner is frustrated is because he has been riding his ass off for the last 4 years with only one championship to show for it, all due to the fact that his bike has been uncontrollable by the majority of the world's greatest riders. His outbursts have been because he finally has a chance at getting the results he wants, and does not want anyone to fuck it up.

His outbursts have all been perfectly legitimate, and I'm sure many of us with hotter tempers would have acted far more drastically if we had a MotoGP world championship on the line. For example, RDP deserved a punch because his stupid ass was sitting on the racing line during a qualifying session. The speed difference between someone putting around at 60km/h and someone blasting down at 300km/h is a lot, and has caused deaths many times in the past. Nicky did a similar thing during free practice, although not to the same degree.

The point I'm trying to make is perspective: try to understand where Stoner is coming from. His anger and frustration are perfectly legitimate and lead to outbursts since he is known for riding bikes not stoicism. Getting bowled off the bike by a rider who is overly ambitious and has no chance at the world championship is a fair reason to be pissed off.

To summarize: talent does not equal results, and perspective makes you understand people better.

I have a feeling the same people who can't understand stoner punching RDP are the same ones who don't understand the angry riders who were almost killed by that redneck pickup driver.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Good Lord, you're going to judge a man by reading a little snippet posted on a photo on SBKPlanet? :crackup:

Have you read this post or the link it includes where the interview took place?

4. svracer142

svracer142 Well-Known Member

Using this logic, KR Jr might have won 5 or 6 WC's. So you have to use this logic for every racer from all time. What if MM hadn't been on Suzuki?

Stoner is a fast SOB but he hasn't had "fate" or "luck" or whatever you want to call it on his side as Rossi has. Although I feel it's more than luck or fate that got Rossi where he is. All the stars lined up and he was willing and able to take advantage of it the situations with talent, determination and a strong mental game.

The fact is Stoner will never be talked about on the same level as Rossi, just like Senna and Schumacher. Unless of course he ends up winning more WC's than Rossi, which is highly unlikely regardless of how good he is.

5. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

IMO Casey is the best rider on the grid right now. But that doesn't change the fact that the Honda is also the dominating bike either.

Simoncelli, Dovi, and literally everyone else riding a Honda this year is significantly improved. All of these Honda riders didn't just suddenly improve this much from last year. Honda built a better bike, and everyone else didn't improve as much.

6. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

yes he can ride and I give him props for that. It's just when he takes his helmet off and opens his mouth, thats what ruins it for him. He could win more than Rossi or Aggo, who are loved by so many because of their personality, and still be an asshole and will never have the following those 2 have.

7. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Salient points might be wasted on this crowd but keep up the good work.:up:

8. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

:stupid:
    so true

cheers.joe.

9. Kurosaki

Kurosaki (^_^) (-_-)

It's a lot to ask to expect anybody to have the following either of those 2 have...

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Jorge is the best rider on the grid from a talent perspective. My money is still on him for the title.

I predict Stoner will catch a bout of the Xaus.

11. Castris

Castris Well-Known Member

The only logic in this post is that Stoner is the best rider on the grid right now(Because he has the most points)..

The Honda hasn't given "Significant" improvements to anyone. Pedrosa finished second last year and the only thing that would improve on that is well, the WC, and he would likely have to pimp Stoner to get that. Dovi only has 5 points more than last year at this point. And Simo has the exact same points as last year... It would be different if all the honda's were running away at the front.. but only one is. Stoner.. I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think they calculated in some magical math land that the bike has 4/10th advantage over last years bike.
    Honda has 3 of the top 5 riders from last year... All young and about to hit the front edge of their primes. their sucess is only logical.

Stoner is just riding the shit out of that bike...

12. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

man thanks for posting that. I saw the snippet on SBK Planet and asked myself "Did he really say that?"
    Nicky has 3 results in the top 7 this year including a podium, and 3 results out of the top 7 but in the top 10.
    not as great as the 4 4ths he had to start the season (and 1 crash) last year, but really Casey is the only one who has improved his results from the start of last year...

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Dayum.....:stupid:

The old "he's got the best bike on the grid" excuse is so played out. I seriously can't recall everyone going on and on about the M1 being the best bike on the grid or that Rossi is winning WC's because of that bike the way we are this season AND back in 2007. Sad, really.

Regarding the Repsol bikes, the only improvement that seems to be making a significant difference this yr is the fact that they switched over to Ohlins gear at both ends vs the Showa stuff they had prior. That could be the difference between last season and this one.

14. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

when stoners on, no one on the grid can beat him. The way hes been riding reminds me of philip island last year when he crushed everyone and looked super fast and super smooth. Proves hes a good rider because he rode the dookee out of the duc while anyone else that has touched it has struggled. Hes a beast and whorehay wont beat him if he keeps it on one wheel

15. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Wow.... This might be the biggest, hardest Stoner Boner EVER... :wow:

Your jaws must be really tired after that post.

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

The closest I've seen on the M1 was when it wasn't the Magic Doctor Rossi winning a world championship on it, but Lorenzo. That's when the "He's got the best bike on the grid" talk started on the M1, but with the added "but that's because Rossi made it so". *shrug*

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No no no, this is the type of thing we say to you. You don't get to use that. :tut:

Psalm:46 Slurp!

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Let me see if I have this straight...

Nope. :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

20. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

Yeah, but Jorge doesn't know what Pussy is. :crackup::crackup: