1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boots for wide feet

Discussion in 'Tech' started by pefrey, Jun 10, 2011.

1. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Yes I searched. Looks like Oxtar / TCS or A* Supertech R are the only ones that people with wide feet have tried and feel comfortable with.

I have EE feet and the D sizes just don't do. Going up a size does not sound like a good idea.

If you have wide feet AND have a pair of boots that are comfortable, let me know what they are.

Thanks for your help.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I have a pair of the A-stars SMX-4 boots that fit my wide feet pretty well. Plus, I like that the sole is thicker than the Sidis I used to wear... I would have big knots on the bottom of my foot ( from the footpeg digging in) for 2 or three days after a race weekend.

3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I've got a size 13E feet and I like my Oxtar's. Other option if you have the $$$ are Daytona's/

4. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Actually heard about those but not as much. Quick check of the A* website says " the S-MX 4 also features a wide fitting foot shape for maximum comfort."

:up:

EDIT: Looks like they are discontinued.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  5. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

oxtars fit my feet my wide fat feet nicely

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I had the same problem, I'm a dealer so I called Alpinestars and they told me their SMX 4's were the widest they make. I bought a pair, very happy with them, I wear a EEE. Have crashed in them 5 times, no foot injuries in any of them. They've been updated, are now SMX 5's. Hope this helps.

7. L454

L454 Well-Known Member

TCX have served me well, supertechs are going to be my replacements.

8. Juha750

Juha750 Active Member

I have A* S-MX Plus boots. I also tried A* Supertech, TCX/Oxtar S-race, XPD XP7-R and they all are as comfortable as S-MX. Sidi is narrower fit and it was a bit uncomfortable.

9. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

If you have wide feet then you're going to want some wide boots! :up:

10. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

That's good to know that the SMX-5's are the replacement because I was unsure. Their website specifially states that the SMX-4 fits wider feet better, but does not repeat this claim on the SMX-5 description.